Pictures From Jan-Jul 2023 - It's All About Having Fun!!

Wednesday, May 5, 2021

Tuesday 5-4 Awesome Day of Dancing

 

Awesome Day

We had a gorgeous day with sunshine and wind. We got up to 77 degrees. When the front came through last night some areas in Texas got hit hard with rain, hail and tornadoes. We were lucky we just had rain with lighting and thunder.

I woke up and Larry was gone. Where did he go? I knew he had a dentist appointment a 9:30 to get a permanent crown put on. When he got home he said the dentist office called and asked if he would like to come in early.

 

New crown on tooth

We attended three virtual square dances. First was Dayle Hodge's Weekly Plus at 11:00. We had 27 participants for the two couples plus tips and 21 for the four couples tip. Dayle had internet problems and it took him 20 minutes to solve the issue, he ended up calling three two couples tips. We had a great time.

Second was Di Green's Weekly A1/A2 at 1:30. During the A1 hour we had 36 participants and the A2 hour had 37 participants. Terry and Di rotated in and out during the two sessions and we had a 15 minutes break in between the session. At the end of the A2 session Di called a four couples tip, where she didn't do any cueing. I got a little frustrated because I didn't know where to be. The rest of the dance was a lot of fun because Di and Terry danced with their back to us and cued when needed.

Third was Don Moger's Weekly A2 at 6:00. We had 38 participants. Don called five tips, the fourth tip he did full square material. We had a super evening of dancing.

 


I did the Daily Challenges and Event: Two Game Tango Mini of 6 games (3 Klondike and 3 Pyramid). It took me 19 minutes and 38 seconds, which put me in 35th place in my group. Then I did a few Spider games in the Solitaire Dark games in the Star Club. 

Larry saw a cool hand done card that he really likes. He is working on designing a similar card that he will cut on the Cameo. He made a prototype and so far it looks great.

After the last dance we watched a couple of episodes of Crossing the Atlantic on PBS. Then I watched a few episodes of Star Trek: Voyager. I ended up doing 27,000 steps, which put me in 3rd place in my group. I continued reading The Riddle at Gipsy's Mile. 



 

No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to hear friendly comments on anything at all. Ruth