Pictures From Jan-Jul 2023 - It's All About Having Fun!!

Monday, May 24, 2021

Sunday 5-23 Fresh Bread, Walking and Dancing

 

Overcast day

We had an overcast day with the humidity at 80%. The temperature got in the low 70s. There was a breeze which kept it cool. Occasionally it sprinkled. 

Last night I took a loaf of bread out of the freezer to thaw and rise overnight. When Larry woke up this morning it was ready to be baked. After it was baked and cooled down Larry sliced it. It baked great and tasted delicious.

 

Fresh baked bread

We started the day out by going for a walk at Crossroads Park. We hadn't been there in a long time. As we were driving by the batting cages we saw a lot of kids and coaches practicing batting. By the time we finished our walk they were gone. As we walked we saw wildflowers along the edge of the trail and in the surrounding fields. They were beautiful. We saw a couple walking their dog, it had a two piece pack on. We had a pleasant walk. I forgot my camera so I used the phone to take the wildflowers pictures.


Wildflowers on the side of the trail

 

A wildflower growing in the rocks

A field of wildflowers

We have had a couple of small birds roosting on our front porch security camera box and making a mess with their droppings, today Larry cut a wood plate and put some staples through it so when the birds land their feet will be poked. He put it on top of the camera box. This seemed to keep the birds off of the box but one of the birds was smart and decided to roost on the camera itself. Guess we get to see what Larry does next.

 

The plate Larry built

Our back porch had a lot of activity today. We had squirrels, cardinals, doves, a woodpecker and small birds. Larry has been chasing a squirrel out of the feeder for a few days, it seems when he finishes eating the food out of the bowls he wants more. It figured there was more food in the feeder. Squirrels are very smart. When the squirrels leave I fill the bowls again.

I did the Daily Challenges and the Event: Two Game Tango Mini of 6 games (3 Spider and 3 Pyramid). It took me 15 minutes and 41 seconds, which put me in 18th place in my group. 

Afterwards I continued working on my annual book. Larry read.

In the evening we attended Loren Smith's Weekly A2/C1 dance. This week Loren invited Joe Uebelacker to come and help call the dance. Loren called two tips of A2 and one tip of C1. Joe called one tip of A2, the C1 teach and one tip of C1. During the A2 tips we had 22 participants, C1 teach we had 18 and C1 tips we had 14. During the C1 learn tip Joe worked on Tally Ho. We had an outstanding hour of dancing.

I have been having trouble logging into the Microsoft Solitaire on our tablet so after the dance Larry looked at it. He was able to fix it and hopes that the problem doesn't return. I'll have to see tomorrow. When Larry went to bed I finished up the first season of In Deep and started the second season. I ended up doing 28,000 steps, which put me in 3rd place in my group with 189,665 steps for the week.

   

No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to hear friendly comments on anything at all. Ruth