Pictures From Jan-Jul 2023 - It's All About Having Fun!!

Tuesday, May 25, 2021

Monday 5-24 Damp Day

 

Damp Day

We had an overcast day with sprinkles on and off. In the afternoon the sun came out for a little bit. The humidity was 88%.

We started the day out by going for another walk at Crossroads Park. Today we walked the Pepper Creek Trail. We parked by the soccerfields and picked up the trail there, we took our umbrella along. We walked to airport road, from there we turned around and continued to the park entrance by the Scott and White facilities. We turned around where the trail meets up to the sidewalk from the parking lot. As we walked we saw a few people jogging, walking and playing disc golf. The waterfall wasn't running but the main part of Pepper Creek was. Due to the high humidity and a bit of light rain we were quite damp by the time we finished.

 

A statue on Pepper Creek trail

On the way home we stopped at Walmart to pick up a few items.

Yesterday I wrote that there was a bird roosting on the security camera. Larry made another plate with staples in it for the camera. Tonight I checked and the bird was back but he was roosting back on the box on top of the staples. Looks like Larry will have to try something else.

I did the Daily Challenges and the Event: Easy Street of 30 games. It took me 1 hour, 20 minutes and 37 seconds, which put me in 18th place in my group. Then I continued working on my annual book.

We use our tablet a lot and recently it has been giving us some problems so this afternoon Larry decided to rebuild it. It's going to take a few days to reload and configure all the programs he had on it.

We attended Steve Kopman Weekly A2/C1 dance at 6:30. Steve had to pick up his daughter and granddaughter at the airport so he asked Don Moger to call for him. Steve introduced Don to the dancers and then left. Don called four A2 tips and two C1 tips. During the A2 tips we had 32 participants and the C1 tips we had 15. Don did an excellent job of calling and we had a fun night.

After the dance I turned on the television and the Wonderful World of Disney was on. This week it was showing Rapunzel and Larry knows how much I like Disney so we watched the last hour of it. The animation that Disney has on their movies are amazing. Then we watched a couple YouTube videos while Larry continued working the tablet. When Larry went to bed I watched a couple episodes of In Deep. I ended up doing 27,000 steps, which put me in 3rd place in my group. LIFE IS GOOD!!!

   

No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to hear friendly comments on anything at all. Ruth