Pictures From Jan-Jul 2023 - It's All About Having Fun!!

Sunday, May 9, 2021

Saturday 5-8 May Dance & Saturday Night Fever Dance

 

Hot Day

It got up to 90 degrees. Good thing we turned on the air conditioner a couple of weeks ago.

I started the day by doing the Daily Challenges and the Event: Spider Mini of 5 games. It took me 11 minutes and 33 seconds, which put me in 8th place in my group of 50 players. I also did a couple spider games of the Dark Solitaire in the Star Club games.

We attended two virtual square dances. First was Di Green's Two Couple A1/A2 May dance at 2:00. She announced she's going to have this dance every month on the second Saturday. For todays dance she invited Ett McAtee from Maryland, Loren Green from Canada, Denise Carbonell from Maine and her partner Terry McCann out of England to help call the dance. She set up three rooms, one as the main, one for A1 and one for A2. The dance started and ended in the main room with a tip of A1. We had a total of 57 participants. We danced in the A2 room which had 37 to 42 participants. We danced to Loren Smith, who called two tips, Ett McAtee, who called three tips and Di Green and Terry McCann, who called three tips. We had a great afternoon of dancing.

The second dance was Don Moger's Saturday Night Fever at 6:00. This week he had Doren McBroom come and help call the dance. They both called two A2 tips and one C1. We had another fun evening of dancing to Don and Doran and with friends.

 


In between the dances we read. We watched YouTube videos.

After Don's dance we watched a documentary on Amazon called Elly & Henry. It was about a pioneer inventor and his wife of 66 years. It was very good. When Larry went to bed I continued watching Star Trek: Voyager. I ended up doing 27,000 steps, which put me in 3rd place in my group with 160,944.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to hear friendly comments on anything at all. Ruth