Pictures From Jan-Jul 2023 - It's All About Having Fun!!

Friday, May 28, 2021

Thursday 5-27 Dancing, Mowing and Crafting


 

We had a beautiful with sunshine. It got up to 90 degrees with a breeze.

I started the day out by doing the Daily Challenges and the Event: Free Cell Mini of 5 games. It took me 10 minutes and 2 seconds, which put me in 15th place in my group.  

Larry started making a sunflower. He couldn't find a design quite like what he wanted so he found something he could modify. After redesigning the file he cut the pieces with his Cameo. He then has to shape the pedals and assemble everything. Since he does other things most of these projects take a couple of days.

 

Having fun crafting

While Larry crafted I worked on my annual book. We also watched the construction people dig a hole for Jason's septic tank.

 

 
Digging the hole for the septic tank

We attended three virtual square dances. First was Dayle Hodge's Weekly C1 at 11:00. He was running a little late so his partner Kathy checked us in. He called five tips ( 4 two couples tips and one four couples). During the two couples tips we had 21 participants and the four couples tip we had 14. He helped the dancers by cueing and telling them where they should be. He told me to move a little to the window and get closer to Larry to be his partner. We had an outstanding time.

Second was Joachim Ruehenbeck's C1/C2 at 12:30. We attended the C1 session, which had 29 participants. Joachim called a lot of left handed moves and Trail and Peel to make it more challenging. Joachim and his wife Mariam has two cameras setup (one they were facing us and the other one with their backs to us). We pin the back camera. We had fun.

Third was Jeremy Butler's Weekly A2/C1 at 6:00. He called four A2 tips and one C1. During the A2 we had 14 participants and the C1 had 11. We had a small group but had a lot of fun. Jeremy put us in positions we're not use to being in, which made it challenging and fun. 

After Joachim's dance I mowed the frontyard and backyard, which took me one and a half hours because I did the whole backyard. While I mowed Larry weedeated, blew off the drive and sprayed for weeds. By the time we finished we were hot and tired because of the high humidity.

Larry was looking out the window and saw a fox eating under the oak tree. It was only 5:00 so I was surprised because it usually comes late at night. The fox came back at 11:00 for more food, of course it might be a different fox. The birdfeeder was very active all day. Even the woodpecker and a hummingbird made an appearance. Larry spent part of the morning chasing a young squirrel out of the feeder.

 

Fox eating from the bowl under the oak tree


Looking for more food


A visit from a hummingbird

After Jeremy's dance we watched a documentary on Amazon called Garbo: The Spy. It was about Juan Pujol Gracia, who was a double agent during World War II. It was very interesting how he fooled the Germans. I ended up doing 26,500 steps, which put me in 2nd place in my group. After Larry went to bed I started watching the third season of In Deep. 

We had a busy day but it was fun.    

 


No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to hear friendly comments on anything at all. Ruth