Pictures From Jan-Jul 2023 - It's All About Having Fun!!

Thursday, May 27, 2021

Wednesday 5-26 Dentist and Dancing to Jeremy Butler

 

We had a beautiful day with sunshine. It was a little muggy. It got up to 88 degrees.

I started the day out by doing my Daily Challenges and the Event: World Tour Mini of 10 games. It took me 1 hour, 3 minutes and 44 seconds, which put me in 23rd place in my group. 

While I did my game Larry worked on trying to get our universal remote for our TV working better. We have been using this remote via Alexa for years and we love it. It controls the TV, FireTV, Wii and our stereo, using Alexa we can turn these devices on and off simply by asking. While it works there are times when it doesn't work correctly and you have to have Alexa turn the TV off and back on to get things right. This use to happen infrequently but lately it has gotten worse. Larry made some changes today and we will have to wait and see if it is improved.

About four months ago I went to the oral surgeon and had an implant put in. My dentist was suppose to do the impression for the crown last week but there was a problem and they rescheduled me for today at 10:00. Now I how to wait another three weeks for the crown to come in. As I was checking out they told me our dentist was relocating to Boston but they have another dentist scheduled to take over for her. She will be missed.

We attended three virtual square dances. First was Dayle Hodge's Weekly A2 at 11:00. Dayle had an appointment so he asked Jeremy Butler to cover for him. We had 35 participants in the A2 two couples tips and 24 for the four couples tip. While Jeremy was calling the last two couples tip Dayle showed up and they called the tip together. They also did the four couples tip together. Jeremy did an excellent job of covering. We had a super time.

Second was Don Moger's Weekly C1 Teach at 12:00. We showed up a little late because we were dancing to Jeremy and Dayle. We danced five tips with Don. He had 32 participants. Don worked on Make Magic, Linear Action, Ah So, Follow Thru and the Thar Formation. We had fun.

Third was Doren McBroom's Weekly A2/C1 at 6:15. Once again Jeremy Butler was covering for him. Jeremy called three tips of A2 and C1. During the A2 session we had 10 participants and 7 participants for the C1. The last two tips Don Moger zoomed in and danced. Jeremy did an outstanding job. We had a great time.

After Don's dance we went to Michael's, Larry had a $5.00 rewards coupon which was about to expire. He also had two other coupons, one for 20% off an item and the other one for 30% off another item. We ended up buying two packs of paper and a pack of three different colors of Liquid Pearls. He has been seeing pictures of other peoples projects where they used Liquid Pearls so he wanted to try them out. Using a discount coupon and his reward points they were almost free. Liquid Pearls are used to accent your projects. He tested them on a scrap piece from his pencil project and they worked excellent.

 


Liquid Pearl colors


Liquid Pearls

After the last dance we watched a documentary on Amazon called Owned: Tale of Two Americas, which was about housing in America. It was very good. Afterwards I finished up the second season of In Deep. I ended up doing 26,500 steps, which kept me in 2nd place in my group. 

  

No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to hear friendly comments on anything at all. Ruth