Pictures From Jan-Jul 2023 - It's All About Having Fun!!

Sunday, May 16, 2021

Saturday 5-15 Early Riser

 

What are you?

In our house Larry is the early bird and I'm the night owl. Larry goes to bed at 10:00 pm and gets up at 6:00 am. I stay up until 2:00 am and get up between 8:00 am and 8:30 am. 

The only time I take off my Garmin Vivofit2 is if I need the batteries changed, they last about a year. I even take a shower with it on and swim with it, its waterproof. This morning I woke up and checked the time on it, I thought it said it was 8:50 am so I got up. After I got dressed I looked at the clock and found out it was 7:00 am. It was too early but I was already awake so I stayed up. When I went in the living room Larry looked up from the computer and said what are you doing up. I told him I miss read my Garmin. 

The other day when Larry found the Baklava recipe he came across a Sausage, Peppers, Onions and Potato Bake and printed it out. I already had the recipe and he didn't remember me making it. This morning we decided to go for a walk and while out we stopped by HEB to pick up the ingredients.

We stopped by Nolan Creek and walked the trail for 50 minutes. We hadn't done this in ages. It was nice and cool but humid because there was a cloud cover. As we walked we saw a dog training class going on with 10 participants. It looked like the dogs were doing very well. We saw a lot of ducks and quite a few people were walking the trail. We walked to Liberty Park (formerly Confederate Park), turned around and walked to Mary Hardin-Baylor University and back to where we were parked at Yettie Polk Park. We had a very nice walk.

 

Walking Nolan Creek Trail
  

After lunch I did the Daily Challenges and the Event: Easy Street Mini of 15 games. It took me 38 minutes and 14 seconds, which put me in 16th place in my group. Then I took a couple hours nap. 

Larry started to work on his next project on the Cameo. He downloaded the project and had to design how to do the project.

For dinner I made the sausage, peppers, onions and potato bake. It came out delicious.

 

Sausage, Peppers, Onions and Potato Bake

At 6:00 we attended Don Moger's Saturday Night Fever virtual dance. This week Don invited Steve Kopman to join him. Don and Steve both called a A2 tip and they called two A2 tips together. We had 63 participants for A2. Then they called two C1 tips together with 48 participants. We had a fun night of dancing and laughing with friends and to Don and Steve.

After the dance we watched another episode of Agatha Christie on PBS, Agatha and the Curse of Ishtar. Then I finished watching the sixth season of Star Trek: Voyager and then started the seventh and final season. I ended up doing 30,000 steps, which put me in 6th place in my group with 152,227. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to hear friendly comments on anything at all. Ruth