Pictures From Jan-Jul 2023 - It's All About Having Fun!!

Monday, May 3, 2021

Sunday 5-2 Yardwork and Dancing

 

Gorgeous Spring Day

We had a gorgeous spring day with a high of 87 degrees and sunshine. The rain went away early in the morning. When we woke up it was still wet outside.

I started the day out by doing the Daily Challenges and Event: Tri Peaks Mini of 5 games. It took me 12 minutes and 36 seconds, which put me in 26th place in my group. I also did a few Tri Peaks games in the Star Club Solitaire Dark section.

We attended two virtual square dances. First was Dixie Cups Bi-Monthly DBD at 1:30. This week Jeremy Butler called for the club. We had a small group of 13 participants. We had an outstanding afternoon of dancing. Jeremy called six tips and called moves we haven't done in awhile. He made it very challenging.

Second was Loren Smith's Weekly A2/C1 at 7:30. This week Jeremy Butler joined Loren and helped call the dance. The format was 3 A2 tips, C1 Teach and 2 C1 tips. The A2 tips had 26 participants and C1 had 19. Jeremy did the C1 teach tip, he went over Rotate, Single Rotate, Reverse Rotate and Single Reverse Rotate. We had a super evening dancing to Loren and Jeremy and friends.

In between the dances we kept busy doing this and that. I mowed the frontyard and half of the backyard, which took me about an hour. While I did this Larry weedeated, put bleach in our septic system, treated the weeds and blew out the garage.

The birdfeeder and back porch were very busy today. While I was sleeping the woodpecker returned so Larry took a few pictures. He watched two young squirrels chasing each other in the backyard, when they were running up a oak tree he saw a hawk drive down towards them but he didn't get any of them. We had a couple of squirrels visiting on the porch. The wildlife makes a mess on the porch, when it gets dark I blow off the porch and bring in the bird feeder. It's worth the little bit of inconvenience because we enjoy watching the wildlife.

 

Cardinal


The Woodpecker

After the last dance we watched YouTube videos. When Larry went to bed I watched a few episodes of Star Trek: Voyager. I ended up doing 26,000 steps, which put me in 3rd place in my group for the week with 188,510 steps. I started to read a new series on my Kindle, which was Angela Marchmont. I already read the first two books in the series. Today I started to read a book bundle of the 4th, 5th and 6th book.    

No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to hear friendly comments on anything at all. Ruth