Pictures From Jan-Jul 2023 - It's All About Having Fun!!

Sunday, May 23, 2021

Saturday 5-22 Home Project & Saturday Night Fever Dance

 

Awesome Day

We had an awesome day.

Larry started the day out by working on the sprinkler project. He was assembling the piece he bought yesterday and realized he forgot to buy a part. He continued doing the project as far as he could. He also decided he was going to need a separate wire for the new sprinkler that he did not have. We went to The Home Depot to pick up the parts he needed.

When we got home Larry went back to his project. He went to the side of the house where the wire fed into the garage and dug the pipe out of the ground. Then he fed the new wire and the old wire through the pipes. While working outdoors it started to rain so he moved inside the garage and installed the wiring to the controller. When the rain stopped he finished up the project. It came out great. Keep in mind this is only used a few months every summer, come fall he can simply unscrew the hoses and store it inside.

 

Sprinkler Larry was working on

Parts used

Rachio Irrigation system

The finished project

 

When it was raining too hard to work on the sprinkler Larry moved onto our covered back porch and cleaned the barbecue grill. Over the winter it had gotten quite dirty and on top of the weather I am not the best about wiping it down when I drip something on it. The grill is 15 years old and we use it a lot. Larry has had to do some maintenance on it over the years but it still looks and works great. Don't know if Weber grills are built the same today but this one has been terrific.

Clean Grill

  

While Larry was doing this I did my Solitaire games. Today was National Solitaire Day, where the points you earn when you solve a Solitaire game is doubled. This helps you with your stats. I did the Daily Challenges and the Event: National Solitaire Day of 10 games. It took me 28 minutes and 18 seconds, which put me in 30th place in my group. 

In the afternoon I worked on my 2021 annual book and Larry read.

In the evening we attended Don Moger's Weekly Saturday Night Fever Dance. This week he invited Chris Jensen, from New Mexico to call with him. Chris and Don called two tips of A2 and one tip of C1 a piece. During the A2 tips we had 42 participants and C1 tips we had 35. We had great time.

After the dance we watched a documentary on Amazon called My Italian Secret. It was a good documentary about heroes who worked together to fight the Nazi's to save thousands of Jews. Afterwards I started watching a BBC series called In Deep, which is about two cops (Iiam Ketman and Garth O'Hanlon) who go undercover to solve crimes and their personal lives. I watched four episodes and so far it good. I ended up doing 26,500 steps, which kept me in 2nd place in my group with 161,632 for the week.   


    

No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to hear friendly comments on anything at all. Ruth