Pictures From Jan-Jul 2023 - It's All About Having Fun!!

Thursday, May 13, 2021

Wednesday 5-12 Just Another Day

 

 

We had a cool day with the high in the mid 60s and clouds. 

Today I started to use the new bowls to feed the squirrels on the porch. Yesterday we didn't see any squirrels on the porch but they were back today. The new bowls work ok because the birds and squirrels don't tip them over but they still make a mess. The new bowls will prevent me from blowing too much sunflower seeds that aren't shelled. We had a lot of activity on the porch.

We attended three virtual square dances. First was Dayle Hodge's Weekly A2 at 11:00. He called four two couples tips and one four couples tip. We had 33 participants during the two couples tips and 20 for the other tip. Dayle did a great job of cueing when necessary. We had a great time.

Second we attended Ett McAtee's Wednesday C1 Workshop at 1:00. She had 31 participants. She workshopped the Stretch Concepts. She didn't call too many tips because she spent a lot of time explaining the Stretch Concepts. She called full square material and I'm still having trouble keeping track for the six phantoms. She can be confusing because she doesn't cue. I can get very frustrated with her but I know I have to hang in there otherwise I will loose the full square skills. 

Third was Doren McBroom's Weekly A2/C1 at 6:15. Doren is on vacation for a few weeks so Jeremy Butler is going to cover for him when possible. Jeremy called four tips of A2 with 11 participants and three C1 tips with 7 participants. We had super evening of dancing to Jeremy and with friends.

 

Get a partner and dance

I started the day out by doing the Daily Challenges and the Event: Two Game Tango of 20 games (10 Klondike and 10 Spider). It took me 2 hours, 10 minutes and 35 seconds, which put me in 12th place. It took me over an hour to complete the last spider game.

While I played my game Larry continued doing his paper project. He modified the project a bit and shrunk the size, which he thought made it work better.

After the last dance we watched a couple documentaries on Amazon. First was The SS United States Lady in Waiting, which was about what historians consider the greatest American ocean liner built in 1952. It was a good documentary. Second was Forgotten Ellis Island, which was about the history of abandon immigrant hospital that was on Ellis Island. The hospital was built to take care of immigrants coming to the United States with illnesses and how they were treated. It was interesting. Then I watched a few episodes of Star Trek: Voyager. I ended up doing 27,000 steps, which put me in 5th place in my group with 80,000 steps for the week.        

No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to hear friendly comments on anything at all. Ruth