Pictures From Jan-Jul 2023 - It's All About Having Fun!!

Saturday, May 15, 2021

Friday 5-14 Dancing and Having Fun



Celebrate it's Friday

I hope you had a great Friday. Today was mostly cloudy with the high of 80 degrees and humidy at 44%. 
 
Yesterday when we were going to town we saw the hawk fly right in front of the car with dinner in its claws. From where I was I thought it was a baby possum but it was daytime and possums don't come out until night. After thinking about it the hawk probably had a squirrel. I felt bad but that's how the Eco system works. Later on I saw the squirrels eating under the oak tree and said you better watch out the hawk may get you.
 
 

 The hawk in the tree

 
We had another active day on the porch and under the oak tree. We had three squirrels at the same time on the porch and one under the tree. When the squirrels left the birds showed up. I ended up filling the small bowls three different times. When the sun goes down I'll have to blow the porch off. In the evening we had five deer visit us.
 
 

 Dove and squirrel on the porch

I started the day off by fighting with my tablet because it wouldn't load up my Microsoft Solitaire games. I reloaded it a couple of times and it still wouldn't open the program. Larry tried to fix the problem but couldn't. I waited until Larry was finished using the computer and did my games. I did the Daily Challenges and the Event: Klondike Mini of 5 games. It took me 10 minutes and 57 seconds, which put me in 24th place in my group. I ended up playing a few Dark Solitaire Free Cell games.
 
We attended two virtual square dances. First was Dayle Hodge's Weekly Four Couples A1/A2 at 11:00. Dayle called two A1 and two A2 tips. We had 24 participants in each session. Dayle did an excellent job of cueing and helping getting the dancers in the right place. He helped me by asking me to move a step to the right and a step forward, which put me exactly where I should be. We had a fun hour of dancing.
 
Second was Di Green's Weekly C1 Workshop at 2:00. We had 31 participants. Di called six tips with very little cueing but she did say what formation you were in. She workshopped Tally Ho, Triple Formations Boxes/Waves/Lines and Triangles. It was very challenging and I got confused, by the end of the dance I was very frustrated because I brokedown a lot. I'm not giving up.
 
We have been struggling when working with full square dance material to see certain formations in the C1 dances so Larry made some charts to help. The formations that are hard to see are O's, Galaxy, Triple Waves, Triple Columns, Triple Boxes and Triangles. There are six different triangles we have to see, which are Inside, Outside, Inpoint, Outpoint, Wave-Based and Tandem-Base. He put the charts on a board and put it by the computer so we can see them when we dance. We think the charts are going to help a lot.
 
 
 
The charts to help us

 
We spent the day snacking on the Baklava we made last night. It came out excellent. 
 
 
 
The finished Baklava

 
Look at the layers of the Baklava
 
 
We started watching an Agatha Christie series on PBS. They have three episodes available, we watched the first episode, which was Agatha and the Truth of Murder. It was well done and I enjoyed it. Then we started watching a series on Amazon called The Men Who Built America. It is a historic documentary about the business men who built America. It is very good. Then I watched a few episodes of Star Trek: Voyager. I ended up doing 28,500 steps, which put me in 6th place in my group with 122,195 steps.
 
 
 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to hear friendly comments on anything at all. Ruth