Pictures From Jan-Jul 2023 - It's All About Having Fun!!

Monday, May 31, 2021

Sunday 5-30 Walking, Dancing and Card Making

 

Overcast Day

We had an overcast day with a little breeze. It got up to 80 degrees with high humidity 73%. At 10:30 pm a front came in and it poured down rain at 11:30 pm.

We started the day out by going to Crossroads to walk. It was very humid and we were very grateful there was a breeze. We walked the opposite direction then we did last week. There were no cars in the parking lot and no one was walking the trail, I guess it was because today was Sunday. When we were walking by the tennis courts we saw a few cars and people playing tennis. We have been getting rain every day or two, because of this the wildflowers are still growing strongly. The flowers were beautiful. We had a very pleasant walk.

 

Wildflowers at Crossroads Park

 

When we got home I did my Daily Challenges and the Event: Two Game Tango Mini with 10 games (5 Free Cell and 5 Tri Peaks). It took me 2 hours, 10 minutes and 39 seconds, which put me in 21st place in my group. Whenever I do Free Cell or Spider games they take me longer to solve.

Our friends Renee and Robert got married last week. The ceremony was small with only family due to COVID. Renee e-mailed friends on Friday about getting married. We were very happy to hear the news. Larry decided to make them a card. He found a great card on Dreaming Tree. He downloaded and redesigned it a bit. Once all the pieces were cut he assembled the piece and added a couple of accessories. Sometimes it takes as much time for him to pick the colors as it does to make the card. The card came out super.

 

Renee and Robert Wedding Card

 


Salutation inside the card
 

Envelope to match

We attended two virtual square dances. First was Doran McBroom's Bi-Monthly DBD at 1:30. He is still on vacations so Jeremy Butler called for him. We had 6 participants. Jeremy called five tips and went through Spin Chain and Exchange the Gears. We had a small group but had a lot of fun dancing to Jeremy.

Second was Loren Smith's Weekly A2/C1. Loren has been calling virtually for over a year and calls three times a week, he hasn't taken any time off. He needs to do a few projects around the house and wanted to travel if possible so he decided to take the summer off. This week he invited Betsy Gotta from New Jersey to call with him. Betsy and Loren called two A2 tips and one C1 tip a piece. During the A2 tips we had 28 participants and the C1 tips had 23. We had a great evening dancing to Loren and Betsy. 

After Jeremy's dance we watched YouTube videos. I worked on my annual book. After Loren's dance I finished watching In Deep. I ended up doing 26,000 steps, which put me in 3rd place in my group for the week with 185,811 steps.

   



No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to hear friendly comments on anything at all. Ruth