Pictures From Jan-Jul 2023 - It's All About Having Fun!!

Wednesday, May 26, 2021

Tuesday 5-25 Muggy Beautiful Day / Hair Cut

 

Today's weather was weird. We had some rain in the afternoon which left it muggy and the humidy at 80%. After the rain the sun came out and the humidy went down to 69%. The day turned out to be beautiful.

With all of the concerns about Covid Larry has been waiting longer than normal to get his hair cut. A few weeks ago he received a coupon in the mail from Great Clips in Belton to have his hair cut for $7. This motivated him to get his hair cut. While he was getting his haircut I went next door to The UPS Store to get our mail. Then I walked to Walmart to get some milk. On the way home we stopped by Top Donuts for a donut.

 


 

When we got home I did my Daily Challenges and the Event: Two Game Tango Mini of 6 games (3 Klondike and 3 Spider). It took me 17 minutes and 13 seconds, which put me in 20th place in my group. 

Larry finished reloading our tablet.

We attended three virtual square dances. First was Dayle Hodge's Weekly Plus at 11:00. Dayle called four two couples tips and one four couples tip. During the two couples tips we had 31 participants and 24 in the four couples tip. The third tip Dayle did something different by saying don't do the last part of a move. We had a super time.

Second was Di Green and Terry McCan's Weekly A1/A2 Workshops at 1:30. Di and Terry called five tips in each session and a four couples A2 tip. During the A1 session we had 31 participants, A2 had 33 and the four couples tip 24. The last tip in the two couples A2 session Di worked on Pass and Roll because it was requested. Di and Terry helped the dancers out by dancing with their backs to us and cueing the sessions. We had a fun afternoon.

Third was Don Moger's Weekly A2 at 6:00. We had 39 participants. Don called five tips, we had some new dancers to Zoom and he had to walk through some moves. The dance was mostly two couple material and you have to work with phantoms. The second tip Don worked on Cast The Shadow by putting us in a box of four and told us to do the center part or the outside part. It's really a four couples move. The fourth tip he worked on moves using the side couples as phantoms. We had a lot of fun dancing to Don and with friends.

In between dances I continued working on my annual book.

After the last dance we watched the documentary When The World Breaks Amazon. It was about how people survived during the Great Depression, they interviewed different people. It was very interesting. I watched two episodes of In Deep on Acorn. I ended up doing 27,000 steps, which put me in 2nd place in my group     

No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to hear friendly comments on anything at all. Ruth