Pictures From Jan-Jul 2023 - It's All About Having Fun!!

Saturday, August 17, 2024

Friday 8-16-24 Haircut, Games, Dancing & More

 

 

Celebrate it's Friday


Today was another 100 degree day with plenty of sunshine. 

We started the day by going to town. First we stopped at Great Cuts to get Larry a haircut. The wait was about 40 minutes so we moved the car to the Walmart parking lot and did a little grocery shopping. After putting the groceries in the car we walked back to Great Cuts. We waited for a few minutes before Larry was called back for his haircut. While I waited I talked to a gentleman. On the way home we stopped by Jack 'n' Jill Donuts.



When we got home we spent the rest of the day relaxing. I did the Daily Challenges of Solitaire and Mahjong. The event was Event: Spider Adventure of 20 games. It took me 3 hours, 18 minutes and 10 seconds, which put me in 18th place in my group. Then I played Angry Birds 2 and Angry Birds and Friends.

Larry spent the afternoon reading. He started a new book and finished it.


 

Relax with a book


I worked out with the Synth Riders for a half hour.

 

Working out

 

I played four games of pinball. I played the weekly challenge of Terminator 3 and The Machine Bride of Pin*Bot, Avatar and Judge Dredd. While playing Avatar I entered my initials in as #4 high score. I had a great afternoon of playing pinball.

 

Avatar


Judge Dredd


Terminator 3


The Machine Bride of Pin*Bot


In the evening I attended Ett McAtee's Weekly A2 dance at 6:30 for an hour. She called four tips of A2 to 9 participants. Today was National Tell A Joke so in between the tips Dawn and Ett told jokes. There were no couples to pin so we all had seven phantoms to keep track of. I had a fun hour of dancing with friends.


Dance and have fun


After the dance we watched Murder on the Orient Express from our movie collection. When Larry went to bed I watched Mission Impossible 1 and Mission Impossible 2 on Paramount +. I ended up doing 17,000 steps, which put me in 3rd place in my group.



 



No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to hear friendly comments on anything at all. Ruth