Pictures From Jan-Jul 2023 - It's All About Having Fun!!

Friday, August 9, 2024

Thursday 8-8-24 Just Another Hot Summer Day

 

Hot Summer Day


It was once again 102 degrees. We kept cool under the air conditioner.

We don't have any virtual dancing on Thursdays but we kept busy.

I did the Daily Challenges of Solitaire and Mahjong. The event was Event: World Tour Mini of 10 games. It took me 34 minutes and 29 seconds, which put me in 25th place in my group. Then I played Angry Birds. 

Larry spent most of the day working on his latest jukebox. He is using a button encoder he has not previously used. Awhile back he ordered three of these from China, when they arrived he tested one and it worked, he then set them aside. Today he installed one of them and after a bit discovered it did not work correctly, upon further inspection all three of them were different. After some testing the one was bad, a second worked fine and the third worked partially. He has bought quite a few items directly from China and this is the first defective item he has received. Fortunately they were inexpensive. So today provided some challenge but at the end of the day he enjoyed figuring it out.

While Larry worked on his jukebox I worked out with Synth Riders for an hour. I worked on my diamond painting of the Cat.

 

The Cat 

 

Larry also copied music on to the Raspberry Pi in the new jukebox, this takes so while he waited he played pinball. He played Avatar, James Bond 60th Anniversary, Great Houdini, Mission Impossible, Whitewater, Elvira Party Monsters and Mustang. 

After Larry finished I played X-Files, The Bourne Identity, No Fear, The Addams Family, Attack From Mars, Game of Thrones and Playboy. While playing X-Files I got a new weekly challenge high score of 5,786,250, which put me in 32nd out of 36 participants. The other six games were chosen from the Random button. I had a great afternoon of playing pinball.   

 

Attack From Mars


Game of Thrones


No Fear


Playboy


The Addams Family


The Bourne Identity


The X-Files


In the evening we watched the Olympics. Then I started watching the third season of The Mallorca Files. I ended up doing 17,500 steps, which put me in 2nd place in my group.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to hear friendly comments on anything at all. Ruth