Pictures From Jan-Jul 2023 - It's All About Having Fun!!

Wednesday, August 14, 2024

Tuesday 8-13-24 Home Projects, Crafting, Dancing & Games

 

We had a great day of doing this and that.

Larry started the day by replacing the exterior garage lights. The old ones got damaged by hail during the tornado. They still worked but the lenses were cracked. Last week Larry noticed one of them had stopped working. He changed the bulb and covered up the daytime sensor and it still would not work. So he ordered some replacements, they came in yesterday. This morning before it got hot he replaced them. We have been in the house for over 11 years so we got good usage out of the old ones. The Texas sun can be very hard on stuff. Where the lights are located they get direct sunlight in the afternoon. It didn't take him long to replace the lights. They look and work great.


New light fixture installed

 

 

Finished Project


Second was to finish up the septic cover project. He made labels to explain how to put the lid back on using the modification. He made the labels using his Cameo. They look great. He's afraid they probably won't last because of the sun. He may have to go back later and replace the labels with a Sharpie.

Septic cover label

 

The septic cover with labeled


We attended Di Green and Terry McCann's weekly A2 dance at 10:00 for an hour. They took turns calling five tips to 9 participants. Larry danced four of the tips with me. The last tip Di worked on four couple moves, such as Cast A Shadow, Motivate and Horseshoe Turn. We had an outstanding time dancing with friends.

Yesterday, while I was working on my pictures I found the program (Picasa) we have used for years was acting up. Larry showed me two other photo programs I could use instead. He explained how to use them. He also tried to figure out what happened with the old program, today he looked at it again and found it had assigned an incorrect date to the folder so it wasn't where it should be. He fixed it. Now I know if have problems again I have other programs I can use. Thank, you honey.

I did the Daily Challenges of Solitaire and Mahjong. The event was Event: Easy Street Mini of 15 games. It took me 33 minutes and 28 seconds, which put me in 13th place in my group. Then I played Angry Birds.

I played four games of pinball. They were Terminator 3, Cactus Canyon, Scared Stiff and Mission Impossible. Terminator 3 is our new weekly challenge and my first high score was rejected, they thought I was using the wrong version, Larry had changed a setting in the code to get Arnold's head to display which caused them to think it was the incorrect version. We could have tried to explain that but it was easier to simply remove the head. I played it today. My first high score is 36,7886,720, which put me in 18th place out of 22 participants. When I played Cactus Canyon I put my initials in as high score #3. I had a good day of pinball.

 

Cactus Canyon

 

Scared Stiff


Terminator 3

 

In the afternoon Larry made a greeting card called Candy. He has made this card before. He spends quite a bit of time picking the colors he wants and if he wants a pattern he normally has to create it. He cuts the pieces out using his Cameo. This is a less difficult card than some..

 

Candy greeting card and envelope

 

I worked out with the Synth Riders for an hour.

I started and finished a diamond painting. It's different than the other diamond paintings I have done. There are only 10 different diamonds to assemble. The diamonds are bigger and different shapes. The background is already done, no diamonds. It didn't take but a few hours to complete. The completed project came out very beautiful but we probably won't get another one. It simply went way to quickly.



The sun completed


In the evening we watched Passengers. It's a Sci-Fi, Romantic, Drama, Thriller movie starring Jennifer Lawrence, Chris Pratt and Michael Sheen. It was a very good movie about a malfunction in a sleeping pod on a spaceship traveling to a new colony planet. One passenger woke up 90 years early. Then I watched Night at the Museum: Battle of the Smithsonian and Dumbo. I ended up doing 18,000 steps, which put me in 3rd place in my group.    


 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to hear friendly comments on anything at all. Ruth