Pictures From Jan-Jul 2023 - It's All About Having Fun!!

Friday, August 23, 2024

Thursday 8-22-24 Fall Trip Begins

 

Fall Trip begin
 

We started out fall trip today at 6:00 am, Larry wanted to beat the heat. 

Our destination for the day was Hamlin, TX, about 230 miles from the house. On the way we stopped at Donut Palace in Comanche, TX. The drive was  mostly two lane highways through small towns, ranches and farms. I slept most of the way.  

 

A courthouse we drove by


 

We arrived at Hamlin at 10:45 and it was starting to get hot. By 4:00 it was 112 degrees. We were here last year about the same time and the high was 101. We found our normal site right across the road from the restrooms. We plugged in for the night. We were thankful for the power and the Minnie's air conditioner. Once plugged in we relaxed under the air. 

 

Sunset at Hamlin


 

Larry started reading and finished a book. Then he started another one.


Relax with a book or two



I played my games. I did the Daily Solitaire and Event. Today the event was Event: Two Game Tango of 20 games (10 Klondike and 10 Tri Peaks). It took me 1 hour, 48 minutes and 18 seconds, which put me in 23rd place in my group. I couldn't get to the Mahjong so I played Gem Drop instead. I played for about a half hour. Then I decided to start reading a book because it was way too hot to walk around the park. I asked Larry to pick a book out for me to read about a week ago, now I made time to read it. The book was What We Carry With Us (New Hope Series Book 1) by Karen J. Hasley.

After dinner I did walk around the high school track four times, which was a mile. I ended up doing 5,000 steps, which put me in 7th place in my group.

 

A dog enjoying the sprinkler after a hot day


 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to hear friendly comments on anything at all. Ruth