Pictures From Jan-Jul 2023 - It's All About Having Fun!!

Wednesday, August 7, 2024

Tuesday 8-6-24 A2 Dance, Games & Diamond Painting - First 100 Degree Day

 

Hot Summer Day


Today at 5:00 Weather Underground said it was 102 degrees and it felt like 115 degrees. I believe this was our first official 100 degree day. 

I woke up at 8:20, I over slept. I had every intention to get up at 8:00. We were planning to go to town to do a couple of errands before our dance at 10:00. After I got dressed we went to Walmart to buy black poster board, Larry wanted to try it for a Cameo project. He didn't like their poster board. We ended up buying a few items. Our Walmart on Addams has been remodeling and it is almost complete, their grand opening is this week. We think it came out great. The checkout area has really changed, it is more enclosed and it appears it will be more efficient. The self check out area is much larger and has more room to bag your groceries. While there Larry bought me blueberry donut holes for breakfast.

Next stop was Michael's for the black post board. They had black poster board that Larry thought would work. We ended up buying a couple of them. Then we went to The Home Depot to buy some screws he needed for his jukebox build.

 


 

Doing errands


We got back to the house with 15 minutes to spare. At 10:00 we attended Di Green and Terry McCann's Weekly A2 for an hour. Di and Terry took turns calling five tips to 9 participants. Larry danced four of the tips with me. The last tip Di worked on Cast The Shadow and Motivate because they were requested by dancers. It always a pleasure dancing with Di and Terry and with our Zoom friends in Canada, U.K. and United States. 


Laugh, dance and be happy with friends


I did the Daily Challenges of Solitaire and Mahjong. The event was Event: Two Game Tango Mini of 10 games (5 Pyramid and 5 Tri Peaks). It took me 27 minutes and 4 seconds, which put me in 6th place in my group. Then I played Angry Birds.

After lunch I took and hour and a half nap. While I napped Larry played pinball. We have had The Great Houdini on the pinball cabinet for a long time in 2D. There is not a true VR version but over the last few weeks Larry has learned how to convert some games to VR. He decided to work on the Great Houdini. He got it working and it plays great. 

The games he converts don't have VR rooms but the tables are in VR. While the VR rooms are nice they are not necessary. He believes he could figure out how to program in VR rooms but we are happy with these as they are.

I'm thrilled that Larry learned to convert our 2D games into VR. Playing the game in VR is like playing a total different game. You can see so much more detail, the ramps and rails really stand out making the shots easier to see. Thank you honey.

When I woke up from my nap I worked out with the Synth Riders for 45 minutes. 

Then I played pinball. I played the X-Files, Great Houdini, Avatar and Mission Impossible. When I played the Great Houdini I got the #3 high score but I still need flipper skills according to the developer (Marty). When I played Avatar I got #1 high score. I had a super time playing pinball.

 

Avatar

 

Great Houdini

 

Mission Impossible

 

X-Files

 


In the evening we watched Olympics. Then I watched Harry Potter and the Deathly Hollows: Part 2. Then I watched the second episode of the second season of Signora Volpe on Acorn.  I ended up doing 17,500 steps, which put me in 4th place in my group.


No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to hear friendly comments on anything at all. Ruth