Pictures From Jan-Jul 2023 - It's All About Having Fun!!

Thursday, August 8, 2024

Wednesday 8-7-24 Dancing, Crafting, Jukebox & Games

 

Hot Summer Day


We had another 102 degree day in Belton. 

On Wednesday's I usually attend three virtual square dances but this week I attended two. Ett was out of town so she had to cancel her C1 dance. 

First was Di Green and Terry McCann's Weekly Plus at 10:00 for an hour. Di and Terry took turns calling five tips to 9 participants. Di worked on Spin Chain and Exchange the Gears and Motivate. Both of these moves are four couple moves. She did an excellent job of walking us through the moves. Terry and Di danced a long with us so this helped very much. Terry called to a song called Music Box so Di and I turned like we were the music box. I only did it when I got home because it was easier. Di did it during the calling. I had a super time dancing with friends from the U.K., Canada and United States.

Second was Dave Eno Weekly C1/A2 at 6:00 for an hour and a half. Karin Rabe and Greg Moore helped him call the dance. The format was three tips of C1, three tips of A2 and two trivia question in between the A2 tips. During the C1 tips we had 8 participants and A2 had 11 participants. Don Moger showed up to say hi. He showed up right before the second tip of A2. He hasn't called in person or virtually for a long time because he has had medical problems with his back. He now is wearing a body brace. He has lost 80 pounds and looks great. He was happy to loss the weight because he was 270 but didn't want to lose it this way. It was very nice to see Don. I had a great time dancing with friends.

 

Dancing with friends

 

While I danced Larry continued working on his new jukebox. He also played pinball. The games he played were Creature From the Black Lagoon, Great Houdini, Theatre of Magic and Terminator 3. He had fun playing pinball.

In between the dances I played games. I did the Daily Challenges of Solitaire and Mahjong. The event was Event: Two Game Tango Mini of 10 games (5 Spider and 5 Free Cell). It took me 1 hour, 15 minutes and 29 seconds, which put me in 23rd place in my group. Then I played Angry Birds.

I played some pinball. I played X-Files, Who Dunnit, Fun House and Junk Yard. When I played Fun House I entered my initials. The X-Files is the weekly challenge and I was unsuccessful in getting a higher score. The other three were randomly chosen and I hadn't played these game in a long time. I had a good afternoon of playing pinball.

 

Fun House

 

Junk Yard

 

Who Dunnit

 

X-Files


I worked out with the Synth Riders for an hour.

After Dave's dance we watched the Olympics. When Larry went to bed I watched Avatar from our movies selection. I ended up doing 17,500 steps, which put me in 2nd place in my group.

 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to hear friendly comments on anything at all. Ruth