Pictures From Jan-Jul 2023 - It's All About Having Fun!!

Thursday, August 15, 2024

Wednesday 8-14-24 Dance Day, Crafting & Games

 

Hanging out with friends


We had another busy day of doing this and that.

We received an e-mail yesterday saying we had a envelope to pickup from the UPS Store. Larry's ma (Shirley) had said she was sending something so we thought that was probably what it was. First thing this morning we went to The UPS Store to pickup our mail and the envelope. The envelope wouldn't fit in our little mailbox. We were disappointed, it was only a fund raising piece of junk mail. 

I attended three virtual square dances. First was Di Green and Terry McCann's Weekly Plus at 10:00 for an hour. They took turns calling five tips to 8 participants. We just danced. When dancers had problems with a move they would walk us through it. They dance with us so it's easier to see where we should be. They cue through out the dance. I had a great time dancing with friends. 

Second was Ett McAtee's Weekly C1 at 1:00 for an hour. She called four tips to 15 participants. I get frustrated with Ett because she doesn't cue and she calls too complicated. I think sometimes she forgets we're dancing virtually and most people are dancing by themselves. But I still hang in there even though I complain when I don't get home when I should. Overall I do have fun dancing to her and with friends. I'm grateful she is still calling virtually.

Third was Dave Eno's Weekly C1/A2 at 6:00 for an hour and a half. Karin Rabe and Greg Moore helps Dave call the dance. The format was three tips of C1, three tips of A2 and trivia questions in between the A2 tips. During the C1 tips we had 8 participants and the A2 tips we had 10 participants. It was a fun evening of dancing with friends.



Dancing with friends


I worked out with the Synth Riders for a half hour.

I played four games of pinball. The games were Terminator 3, James Bond Goldeneye, Cirqus Voltaire and Elvira Party Monsters. I didn't get on the board in any of the games but it was fun.

 

Cirqus Voltaire

 

Elvira Party Monsters


James Bond Goldeneye

 

Terminator 3


I did the Daily Challenges of Solitaire and Mahjong. The event was Event: Solitaire World Tour of 30 games. It took me 3 hours, 1 minute and 38 seconds, which put me in 9th place in my group. Then I played some Angry Birds.

Larry worked on paper crafting.

After the last dance we watched a documentary called Cirqus Du Soleit: Without a Net. It was about how Cirqus Du Soleit had to layoff 3400 performers and file bankruptcy when COVID happened and how they came back after the shutdown. It was very well done, it was interesting to see what happens behind the scenes to get ready for the performance. Then I watched Jack Reacher. I ended up doing 17,000 steps, which put me in 2nd place in my group. 






 

No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to hear friendly comments on anything at all. Ruth