Pictures From Jan-Jul 2023 - It's All About Having Fun!!

Tuesday, August 13, 2024

Monday 8-12-24 Septic Project, Dancing & Games

 

Happy Monday


We had a wonderful day with the high of 101 degrees. 

 


Keeping Cool

 

We started the day out by attending Di Green and Terry McCann's Weekly C1 dance at 9:00 for an hour and fifteen minutes. It's usually an hour but some dancers, who were there hadn't been there for awhile so there were more visiting among the group of 13 dancers. Di called five tips and Larry danced three of them. He was working on a outdoor project and wanted to complete it before it got too hot. Di called a lot of four couple moves and at times I got confused. Terry and Di danced the whole dance with us so we could get back in the right place. The theme today was LOVE so all the songs were about love. We had a great time dancing with friends. Next week Di and Terry are going on a week long holiday so they won't be calling.


Having fun with friends


Larry spent most of the day working on the septic tank lid. By the time I got up he was already outside working on it. Every four months a person has to come out to inspect the system to make sure it is working correctly. When they do this they have to remove the lids on the tanks. Over the years they have stripped out or broken off all of the screw down points on one of the lids. Now it only stays on via friction. To replace the piece Larry could order a new riser, but there would be a lot of work involved to replace it and before too long it would have the same issue. Larry decided to make some plastic blocks to and attach them to the inside of the riser. He cut out three of the old attachment points and made plastic blocks to go in their place. These had to be a specific size and fit the curvature of the riser. To create the blocks he used a miter saw, sander and his mill. He attached them via stainless steel screws. He also had to modify the the lid so it would fit over the blocks and line up correctly when it is removed and replaced. Then he made labels to show how to align the cover with the blocks. This way maybe the inspector will put the lid on correctly. Larry is amazing because he can figure things out. 

I worked out with Synth Riders for an hour.

 


 

Working out

 

I did the Daily Challenges of Solitaire and Mahjong. When playing Mahjong I got stuck on doing one game and it took hours for me to solve. I had to get 49 matches in 3 minutes. I'm glad I solved it. The event was Event: Medium Mayhem Mini of 5 games. It took me 12 minutes and 52 seconds, which put me in 15th place in my group. Then I moved onto playing Angry Birds.

I played pinball. I played six games using the Random button. The first selection was The Bourne Identity, Lethal Weapon and Star Trek. It crashed when I was trying to take pictures. Larry looked at it and found the button shouldn't have selected Lethal Weapon nor The Bourne Identity. Last week he removed those games from the playlist but just in case we wanted to play them again he left them installed. He figured out why the random button was still finding the games and fixed the code to exclude them. Then I played the other three games, which were Star Trek, Theatre of Magic and Godzilla. I entered my initials as #3 high score in Star Trek and my initials as #8 high player in Godzilla. I had a great time playing pinball.

 

Godzilla

 


Star Trek

 


Theatre of Magic


In the evening we watched a movie on Amazon called August: Osage County. It starred Meryl Streep, Julia Roberts, Chris Cooper, Ewan McGregor, Benedict Cumberbatch and more. The acting was good but the movie wasn't very good. Then I watched Signora Volpe, Season 2, Episode 3. Afterwards I watched Night At The Museum.  I ended up doing 18,000 steps, which put me in 2nd place in my group.  

 

 

 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to hear friendly comments on anything at all. Ruth