Pictures From Jan-Jul 2023 - It's All About Having Fun!!

Saturday, August 24, 2024

Friday 8-23-24 Still in Texas

 

Sunrise in Texas


We had another day on the road. Larry drove 280 miles from Hamlin TX to Dumas TX. 

To beat the heat we got another early start (6:00). For breakfast we planned to stop at the donut shop in Hamlin but when we arrived it was closed, not sure if it went out of business or what. We carried on and had a couple of snacks as we drove. We drove two lane highways and four lanes divided highways. Most of the towns were very small. I slept most of the drive. As we drove we snacked and one of our favorite snacks, beef jerky. Louise gave us some for our birthdays. We saw deer walking across the highway and a flock of wild turkeys walking across the highway. We didn't get any pictures of the turkeys because Larry had to wake me and by the time I gave him the camera they were too far away. We drove by farms with fields of cotton and ranches with cattle and horses. We stopped in Claude to fill the Minnie with fuel. When we got to Dumas we stopped at Braum's for lunch. They had long parking spots for trucks and RVs. We found a perfect spot, it had shade so when we got back the Minnie was still in the shade.We ordered a grilled chicken club sandwich meal, it came with a medium fry and a drink or small shake. We decided on a chocolate shake we hadn't had a shake in a long time and it was thick and delicious. We used spoons for the shake. We got to Texmona Park at 11:30. There were three RVs there and two of them were leaving so we had no problem finding a place to park. The drive was very nice but not much to see.

 

Lunch

 

A great snack

 

Texmona Park is very nice, it is free for a 24-hour overnight stay, it has electric, dump station, water station, picnic area, swings, merry-go-around and climbing spider for children. It has a dog park, two fire pit areas and a cornhole game set. There is a donation box if you would like to donate money for your stay.

Camping at Texmona Park


Texmona Park


Once we setup the Minnie for the night we read. I took a couple hour nap. Larry continued the second book he started yesterday. I continued the book I started yesterday. 

 

Reading is fun


 

Before I leave on our trips I usually make a pasta dish because that way it's easy to heat up in the microwave after a day of driving. This time I barbecued some HEB seasoned pork, that way we can heat the meat up and put on a tortilla. The meat is very tender and tasty. It goes a long way.

 

The seasoned pork


I played the Daily Challenge of Solitaire and a few games of Gem Drop. I did the event, which was Event: Medium Mayhem Mini of 5 games. It took me 16 minutes and 34 seconds, which put me in 13th place in my group.

I walked around the park after dinner when it started to cool off. I walked a half hour and a front came in. I heard thunder and then the a strong wind came I stopped because the wind stirred up the dust. I ended up walking a half mile. We got a little rain. Once the rain left I went outside and did some steps. By the end of the day I did 11,000 steps, which put me in 9th place in my group.  


No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to hear friendly comments on anything at all. Ruth