Pictures From Jan-Jul 2023 - It's All About Having Fun!!

Friday, June 28, 2024

Thursday 6-27-24 Hot Day, Games & Puzzle

 

Summertime with friends


We had very hot day, it got up to 99 degrees. 


99 degrees at the house


Larry did a project on his two older jukeboxes. Originally these two jukeboxes had three lights on top next to the coin slot. The first light was always on, the second came on if you put a dime in the machine and if you put in a quarter the last one lit up. When Larry converted the machines he installed labels in those areas but no lights. He decided to wire in some lights. Once they were installed they were a little too bright so he figured out how to dim them a little bit. He is quite happy with how they turned out.

 

Chrome jukebox

 

Chrome jukebox with lights dimmed

 

Blue jukebox


Blue Jukebox with lights

While Larry was working on his project he realized he needed some small screws that he didn't have so we went to Ace Hardware. On the way we stopped by Jack-In-The-Box to have lunch. We had received some coupons in the mail and one of the coupons was buy a Jack Wrap and get one free. The Jack Wrap is chicken strips wrapped in a flour tortilla with a special sauce and lettuce. You have a choice between original or spicy chicken, prepared on the grill or deep fried (crispy). We ordered the wraps spicy and grilled but they gave us the crispy ones. That was ok, they were good. We also shared a value size french fries. Ace Hardware didn't have the screws Larry wanted but while going through them he got a new idea. When we got home he cut down some small screws he already had and used them.

I did the Daily Challenges of Solitaire and Mahjong. The event was Event: Tri Peaks Mini of 5 games. It took me 13 minutes and 15 seconds, which put me in 32nd place in my group. Then I played Angry Birds.

In the afternoon I took a two hour nap.

When I got up I played some pinball. I started playing the Weekly Challenge of Game of Thrones in 2D because yesterday I had problems with it crashing in Virtual Reality. Playing in 2D is very different and you can't really see how to get up the some of the ramps. After playing the game a few times I gave up on getting a new high score. I moved back to Virtual Reality and the game worked perfect, it didn't crash. I ended up getting a new Grand Champion score of 397,245,440 and I also got a new high score of 177, 345,980. The new high score put me in 26th place out of 39 participants. Then I played White Water and The Flintstones. When I played White Water I got the 3rd high score of 82,806,380. I had a great day of playing pinball.

 

Game of Thrones new Grand Champion score

 

The Flintstones

 

White Water

 

I worked on my jigsaw puzzle.

In the evening we watched a movie on Amazon called My Sailor, My Love. It was a good movie up until the ending which made little sense. It had great acting and the script was well done. After Larry went to bed I started watching a 2006 series on Amazon called The Alice. It took place in Alice Spring, Australia and was taken from the movie. It a cute series about people living in Alice Spring. I like it so far. I ended up doing 17,500 steps, which put me in 2nd place in my group.

 



    


No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to hear friendly comments on anything at all. Ruth