Pictures From Jan-Jul 2023 - It's All About Having Fun!!

Tuesday, June 11, 2024

Monday 6-10-24 Shopping, Mowing, Games & Having Fun

 

Having fun 


We had a very nice day. It got up to 95 degrees.

We started the day out going to town. First stop was at the UPS Store to check our mail. Then we went to Walmart. We did our weekly grocery shopping. Next stop was Dollar Tree. A couple of our caller friends are in the hospital for medical problems. We wanted to send them get well cards.

 

 

Grocery shopping


 

By the time we got home it was almost time for lunch. 

Larry has essentially completed the design and documentation for the jukebox he did for Frank and Eric. This morning he received a terrific note from Eric, Frank called on the phone, he is also thrilled with the design. 

Larry has offered to build one for them or send them a set of the prototype pieces he made and they could assemble one. Eric wants Larry to send the pieces to Frank, Frank wants to send Larry a machine and have him build it. Too funny. Either way Larry has had a great time.

Frank says they feel terrible Larry won't accept any money, Larry explained again it is a hobby for him and he enjoys doing it. He did mention that he would love to have another machine for himself, he wants to build a more complex machine for himself while keeping the first one as he originally built it so that if the need arises he can use it to support them with any problems or changes. Frank was excited and said he would love to send an additional machine. 

Larry looks forward to calls from Frank. They really get along and have similar interests.

After lunch I mowed the frontyard, it was getting a bit long. After mowing I blew off the driveway.

 

Mowing the yard

 

I played the Daily Challenges of Solitaire and Mahjong. The event was Event: Pyramid Mini of 5 games. It took me 11 minutes and 42 seconds, which put me in 11th place in my group. Then I played Angry Birds.

I played pinball. The games I played was White Water, Attack From Mars and Creature From The Black Lagoon. 

Larry asked me to play Medieval Madness because after installing the latest software to allow playing last weeks game some people were having problems with it. Sure enough it did not work correctly. This is the second of our games the new software messed up. Larry was able to make changes to the code on both games and get them back working. He follows lots of groups related to virtual pinball, without that he would have no idea there was a problem or how to fix them. Who knows, someone may discover another game the new software breaks. There are more than 1000 games and we only have 50.

 

Attack From Mars

 

Creature From The Black Lagoon


White Water

 

Medieval Madness


I worked out with the Synth Riders for an hour.

In the evening we watched a movie called Independence Day: Resurgence on Tubi. It was a science fiction action movie. It was good. Then I watched the 6th episode of the 3rd season of Harry Wilder. Afterwards I watched Star Wars Episode III: Revenge of the Sith. I ended up doing 17,500 steps, which put me in 6th place in my group.

 


 

 

 






No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to hear friendly comments on anything at all. Ruth