Pictures From Jan-Jul 2023 - It's All About Having Fun!!

Sunday, June 23, 2024

Saturday 6-22-24 Car Show, Games & Having Fun

 

Awesome Day

 

We had an awesome day. It was hot, it got to 93 degrees with a breeze.

We started the day by going to Waco to attend The 1st Annual Father Fest car show at University High School. The time was 11:00 to 3:00. 

On the way there we stopped in at the La-Z-Boy store to check out their chairs. They had a tremendous number of chairs and for an additional cost they can be ordered in lots of different materials and colors. We walked around and found the same chair we saw at Rooms To Go. The chair was about $260 dollars more money, it was actually about $60 more but on top of that they all insist you must have their protection plan and fabric protection. The delivery cost was $100 dollar unless you pick it up, then its free. We'll probably buy the one at Rooms To Go.

From there we were off to the Father Fest Car Show, it was only a couple of miles away from La-Z-Boy. It wasn't too big but very nice. We were glad it wasn't too big because it was starting to get hot. It took us about a half hour to walk through the show. A couple of the cars were at the other Waco show. They had some games for the kids, food trucks and a disc jockey. There was a lot of beautiful cars and trucks. It was worth the trip of 41 miles.

 

Beautiful Bel Air Wagon

 

1971 Truck

 

A couple of T-Buckets

 

Chevrolet Impala with fifties accessories

 

A beautiful Harley Davidson 


Rat Rod with a racoon driving

 

On the way home we stopped by Little Caesars and bought one of their ready to go pepperoni pizzas. They also had some Crazy Puffs ready to go, they are four small cups of dough stuffed with cheese and pepperoni. For lunch we had the puffs and for dinner we had half of the pizza. The puffs were good but they were small.

 

Little Caesar Pepperoni Pizza

 

Crazy Puffs

 

I played the Daily Challenges of Solitaire and Mahjong. The event was Event: Pyramid Adventure of 20 games. It took me 1 hour, 39 minutes and 41 seconds, which put me in 19th place in my group. Then I played Angry Birds.

I worked on the Majestic Winter Haven Refuge puzzle. I'm about half done.

 

The puzzle so far

 

Then I moved onto playing pinball. I played Beavis and Butt-Head, Black Rose, Fish Tales, Guardians of the Galaxy and Johnny Mnemonic. I got a new high score in Beavis and Butt-Head but I still stayed at 46th place out of 56 participants. When I played Guardians of the Galaxy I got the Grand Champion high score. I had a super day of playing pinball.


Beavis and Butt-Head


Black Rose


Fish Tales


Guardians of the Galaxy


Johnny Mnemonic


In the evening we continued watching the 9th season of Grantchester on PBS. Then I watched Top Gun: Maverick and Frozen 2 from our movies. I ended up doing 17,000 steps, which put me in 1st place in my group.



          

 


No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to hear friendly comments on anything at all. Ruth