Pictures From Jan-Jul 2023 - It's All About Having Fun!!

Sunday, June 16, 2024

Saturday 6-15-24 Waco Car Show, Games & Having Fun

 

Have a great Saturday


We had very nice day with the high of 92 degrees.

About 10:30 we drove to the Waco area to attend a car show at Walmart. It was 43 miles away. The actual show was small and they had some very nice cars on display. They had games for the kids, such as fishing and foam ax throwing. They had a few food vendors and free hot dogs (we didn't have the hot dogs). HEB employees helped with the car show and supplied water. It didn't take us too long to go through the show, it was only a couple of lanes in the parking lot. It was very nice.

 

Larry checking out a beautiful Belaire

 

Beautiful two tone Chevrolet truck

 

Larry checking out a couple of rat rods at the show

 


A coupe 

 

On the way home we stopped at Chicken Salad Chick for lunch. This was our first time there. They had different chicken salad sandwiches where they scooped the salad out. Elizabeth took care of us and did an outstanding job. She was friendly and explained what they offered. We ordered the Chicken Salad Melt, we had a choice of different chicken salads with provolone cheese melted on a toasted croissant. we had the Sassy Scotty salad, which is a zesty blend of ranch, bacon and shredded cheddar cheese. The melt came with your choice of side, we had salt and vinegar chips, a slice of pickle and a small cookie. The food was delicious. Elizabeth said they are in the process of opening a Chicken Salad Chick in Temple.

 

Our lunch

 

When we got home Larry continued playing with his new jukebox. He is still trying to get the power button to work the way he wants. He tried a different keyboard encoder, didn't help. He then made a change in the circuitry by adding a diode, still didn't get the results he wants. He will keep working on it.

I played games. I did the Daily Challenges of Solitaire and Mahjong. The event was Event: Solitaire World Tour of 30 games. It took me 3 hours, 57 minutes and 52 seconds, which put me in 15 place in my group. Then I played Angry Birds.

I didn't play much pinball. I only played White Water to try to get a new high score. I got close but didn't succeed.  


White Water


In the evening we watched a movie on Tubi called The Road. It was a post-apocalyptic survival movie starring Viggo Mortensen and Charlize Theron. It was slow moving movie I didn't like it. Afterwards I watched Iron Man 2 and Ice Age from our movie collection. I ended up doing 17,000 steps, which put me in 2nd place in my group.


  

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to hear friendly comments on anything at all. Ruth