Pictures From Jan-Jul 2023 - It's All About Having Fun!!

Wednesday, June 5, 2024

Tuesday 6-4-24 Dancing to Mike Sikorsky & Having Fun

 

Mike Sikorsky


We spent the day in Corsicana dancing to Mike Sikorsky. Most Tuesday's a group of us meet in Corsicana to dance A2 and C1 when there's enough people for a square. Dale Smith calls the A2 dance and Glen Martin calls the C1 dance. This week we had a special caller come and call the A2 dance. We didn't have enough dancers for C1. The A2 dance format was two hours of dancing from 9:30 to 11:30, an hour lunch from 11:30 to 12:30 and two hours of dancing from 12:30 to 2:30. We had a full square plus three extra people. The dance was run by computer so everyone got a chance to rest. Larry and I danced to Mike back in October of 2015 in Albuquerque, New Mexico. He is a very good caller. He put us in positions we weren't use to. When we broke down he would cue us and walk us through the move. We had a super time dancing with friends.

 

Friends dancing to Mike


We left the house at 7:30 and were back at 4:30. It was a long day but we had fun. When we got home I heated up leftovers for dinner. 

I did the Daily Challenges of Solitaire and Mahjong. The event today was Event: Hard Road Mini of 5 games. It took me 17 minutes and 47 seconds, which put me in 4th place in my group. Then I played some Angry Birds. 

I played three different games of pinball. They were Lethal Weapon 3, Monster Bash and Metallica. I got a new high score in Lethal Weapon 3. It was 82,387,440, which put me in 30th place out of 35 participants. I'll have to continue playing to move up. I hadn't played Monster Bash or Metallica in a very long time and had a super time. 

 

Lethal Weapon 3

 

Metallica

 

Monster Bash

 

 In the evening we watched a movie on Paramount + called Cloud Atlas. It was a science fiction movie based on a novel. It was very hard to follow because it kept going back and forth in time and three different worlds. It was a good movie and was loaded with a lot of big stars Tom Hanks, Halle Berry, Hugh Grant and many more. Then I finished watching the second season of Hidden Assets. I watched Finding Nemo. 

I ended up doing 18,000 steps, which put me in 2nd place in my group. 

While we were watching television the squirrel came back and drank out of the hummingbird feeder. A hawk flew into the oak tree in the backyard. 

 

The squirrel enjoying the hummingbird nectar


 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to hear friendly comments on anything at all. Ruth