Pictures From Jan-Jul 2023 - It's All About Having Fun!!

Thursday, June 20, 2024

Wednesday 6-19-24 Juneteenth, Dancing, Games & Jukebox Project

 

Juneteenth Day


Today was Juneteenth, which is an annual commemoration of the end of slavery in the United States. It has been celebrated by African-American since the 1800s. It's a federal holiday since Present Biden signed it in to legislation in 2021.

Larry spent most of the day working on a jukebox project. He has built three jukeboxes and he would like them to work the same. Two of them have Pi 4s in them and the other one has a Pi 5. He got the jukeboxes with the Pi 4s working perfect. But the Pi 5 is designed differently. Raspberry Pi made significant changes between the two and there is one obstacle he just can't get around. He spent a big part of the day trying different things to get the Pi 5 to work the way he wanted it to. He has done lots of research and tried lots of things. He is finally convinced what he want to do will not work. The Pi 5 will still work but for one function he has to use two buttons instead of one. Maybe in the future something will change with the software and he will be able to revisit the issue.

In trying to solve the Pi 5 issue Larry started loading all the software from the beginning. This will give him all the latest versions but it also means he will need to reconfigure everything. It will take him a bit but he really enjoys the process.

 

The jukebox

 

I attended three virtual square dances. First was Di Green and Terry McCann's Weekly plus at 10:00 for an hour. They called five tips to 7 participants. We hadn't seen Di and Terry in over two weeks and it was great to see them. We just danced and when we had problems Di would walk us through the sequence. We danced some four couple moves and Di and Terry cued us through them. I had a super time dancing with friends.

Second was Ett McAtee's Weekly C1 at 1:00 for an hour. She called four tips to 17 participants. She concentrated on the Split Concepts, which we worked with the two side couples. I struggled a bit because I forgot the formation and if we were working with the sides or not. I made some mistakes but I still had fun.

Third was Dave Eno's Weekly C1/A2. Karin Rabe and Greg Moore helped Dave to call the dance. The format was three tips of C1 and three tips of A2 and a Trivia question in between the A2 tips. Karin Rabe and Greg Moore helped Dave call the dance. During the C1 tips there were 8 participants and A2 had 9 participants.  I had a great time dancing with friends.

I played pinball and had a great day. I played Beavis and Butt-head and got a new high score of 6,648,020, which moved me up a couple of spots. I moved to 24th place out of 32 participants. Then I played Attack From Mars, Apollo 13, Big Buck Hunter Pro and Black Rose. I ended up get a saucer for each of the countries (Germany, France, Italy, England and United States) and started to take over Mars. I came in 4th place in the game. I played all the games are in virtual reality except for Beavis and Butt-head, it doesn't have a virtual reality version.

 

Apollo 13

 

Attack From Mars


Beavis and Butt-head

 

Big Buck Hunter Pro


Black Rose

 

I did the Daily Challenges of Solitaire and Mahjong. The event was Event: Easy Street and had 30 games. It took me 1 hour, 4 minutes and 46 seconds, which put me in 14th place in my group. I played some Angry Birds.

I worked out with the Synth Riders for an hour. I continued working on my jigsaw puzzle.

After Dave's dance we watched a documentary about J. Robert Oppenheimer. It was called Oppenheimer: The Real Story. It was very good. Afterwards I watched Hell Boy and Stuart Little from our movies. I ended up doing 17,000 steps, which put me in 3rd place in my group.

 

   

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to hear friendly comments on anything at all. Ruth