Pictures From Jan-Jul 2023 - It's All About Having Fun!!

Wednesday, June 26, 2024

Tuesday 6-25-24 New Couch, Dancing & Games

 

A beautiful day


We had an exciting day. It was a beautiful day with the high of 97 degrees.

We started the day out by attending Di Green and Terry McCann's Weekly A2 dance at 10:00 for an hour. Di and Terry took turns calling 5 tips with 9 participants. Di concentrated on four couple moves like Coordinate, Motivate left/right, Chain Reaction left/right and Pass and Roll left/right. Larry danced four of the tips with me. We had a great time dancing to Di and Terry and with friends.

 

We love square dancing


Before the dance we received a phone call from Ashley Furniture, they said our couch was in and is ready to be picked up. We were very surprised because we didn't expect it for a week or more. We ordered it Friday and it arrived on Tuesday. 

Larry emptied the bed of the truck. After lunch I helped Larry remove the cover off the bed. It was heavy. I didn't realized how weak I was until I helped lift the cover off and I couldn't lift it too high. I haven't lifted any weight in many years. I guess I need to start lifting some light weight. 

The warehouse was right behind the store. The workers loaded the couch in the truck's bed. Then Larry used an old ski rope to tie the couch in the truck. The couch fit perfectly. 

On the way home there was a wreck on the two lane highway from Killeen to Belton, we got through it very easy because one of the police officers directed traffic. When we got home we unloaded the couch in the garage and removed all the packaging, we will let it air out a bit. We have a window opened a bit and a blower pointed at the couch. Larry has problems with the chemicals that are used on furniture, sometimes it takes a long time before we can use it. But we're not in a hurry, we still have the old couch.

 

New couch wrapped in plastic

 

The couch airing out


I played the Daily Challenges of Solitaire and Mahjong. The event was Event: Two Game Tango Mini of 10 games (5 Klondike and 5 Pyramid). It took me 50 minutes and 26 seconds, which put me in 25th place in my group. Then I played some Angry Birds.

I played three different games of pinball. I played the weekly challenge of Game of Thrones. I was doing excellent and got over 200,000,000 before it crashed. It did this a few times so I gave up on playing Game of Thrones. I didn't get a new high score but had fun. Then I played The Lost World Jurassic Park and Iron Man to see if there was something wrong with the pinball machine. They played great and I had fun. It appears there might be a bug in Game of Thrones causing it to crash.


Game of Thrones


Iron Man


The Lost World Jurassic Park


I continued working on my jig saw puzzle. I worked out with Synth Riders for an hour.

In the evening we finished watching the second season of D.I. Ray. It had a great ending for the season. Then I watched a couple of movies from our collection, they were Sherlock Holmes and True Grit starring John Wayne. I ended up doing 18,000 steps, which put me in 2nd place in my group.


 

   

No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to hear friendly comments on anything at all. Ruth