Pictures From Jan-Jul 2023 - It's All About Having Fun!!

Sunday, June 9, 2024

Saturday 6-8-24 New Stuff, Games, Puzzle & Having Fun

 

Happy Saturday


We had another beautiful day with the high of 95 degrees.

I started the day out by making mini waffles for breakfast. After breakfast we went to Harbor Freight. Larry has a couple of old tools (sander and floor jack) which are over 25 years old. The floor jack no longer works correctly and he never really liked the sander. Both tools were on sale at Harbor Freight. We hadn't been there in a long time. 

Before leaving the house Larry printed out the items he wanted.We drove the truck, it needed to go for a spin and it would be easier to load the jack, it is quite heavy . When we walked in the door of Harbor Freight we were greeted by a gentleman and he asked if we needed any help. Larry asked where the floor jack was located. We got where it was suppose to be but the spot was empty. Larry asked an employee, who happen to be the store manager. He said they were in the front. He put one on a dolly and took it to the front desk. Then Larry asked about the sander and he took us where it was located and loaded it in a shopping cart. While we were there we picked up some blue disposable gloves, they were also on sale. We had a super experience at Harbor Freight and the employees were very helpful.

On the way home we stopped at The Home Depot to pick up a sprinkler head extension kit. In the past when Larry needed to set a sprinkler head higher he had to dig up the entire head. With this new kit he should only have to clear out around the top of the sprinkler, snap an extension on the body and screw an extension on to the head. Should be much easier. Once again we had a good experience.    

When we got home Larry unboxed the sander and put it on the self. Then he unboxed the jack and made sure all the parts were there. Then he took it a part to put the oil in the jack. He used one of his small bottles for his Cameo to fill it. Then he bled the jack. Once the jack had the oil in it he put it back together. He put it on the garage floor and jacked up the car to make sure it works. He's going to keep the jack under the car for a day or two to see what happens.  

 

Old sander


New Bauer belt sander

 

The car being jacked up to test the jack


Pittsburgh 3 Ton Jack

 

Larry took the motorcycle out for a short ride. He said that it ran perfect.

I did the Daily Challenges of Solitaire and Mahjong. The event was Event: Easy Street Mini of 15 games. It took me 46 minutes and 22 seconds, which put me in 28th place in my group. I played some Angry Birds.

In the afternoon I worked out with the Synth Riders for an hour.

 

Working out

 

Afterward I played four different pinball games. They were Lethal Weapon 3, Metallica, The Sopranos and Star Wars.


Lethal Weapon 3


Metallica


Star Wars


The Sopranos


I worked on my jigsaw puzzle.

In the evening we watched I, Robot on Tubi. It was a 2004 movie starring Will Smith, Bridget Moynahan and Bruce Greenwood. It was a good movie. Then I started to watch the Star Wars series out of our movies collection. I watched Star Wars Episode 1 The Phantom Menace. I ended up doing 17,000 steps, which put me in 4th place in my group.


No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to hear friendly comments on anything at all. Ruth