Pictures From Jan-Jul 2023 - It's All About Having Fun!!

Saturday, June 29, 2024

Friday 6-28-24 No Dancing, Movie Time & Games

 


We had a great day with the high of 97 degrees.

We started the day off by going to town to see a movie. Kevin Costner wrote and paid for a four part movie series called Horizon: An American Saga. He has completed two chapters of the series and is working on the third chapter. Yesterday, Horizon First Chapter came to the local theaters. It's a western that takes place during the pre-and post-Civil War expansion and settlement of the American west. The movie started at 8:45 and was 3 hours and 1 minute long. It was very well written, the acting was excellent and the scenery was spectacular. We liked it, however it dragged on a little bit and while it was not a cliff hanger it certainly didn't have an end. We are looking forward to seeing the second chapter which will be released August 16th.

 

Going to the movies


After the movie we stopped by Freddy's Steakburger restaurant to have lunch. We shared a double steakburger, medium fries and medium drink.

I did the Daily Challenges of Solitaire and Mahjong. The event was Event: Two Game Tango 20 games (10 Klondike and 10 Free Cell). It took me 1 hour, 32 minutes and 44 seconds, which put me in 11th place in my group. Then I played some Angry Birds.

I played some pinball and had a super time. The games I played Game of Thrones, Junk Yard and Medieval Madness. 

If you look at the picture of Junk Yard you will see a clock, in VR some games have a clock, most don't. The clock is accurate, kind of a nice touch because when you are playing in VR you can't see your real one. Some games have what they call minimal VR rooms, nothing in them but the game, two walls and a ceiling, some are very complex. Fish Tales has a fabulous VR room. You are standing on the dock of a cabin, there is a dog, a fisherman, fish and turtles swim by and a crab will even walks across your feet. Twister has multiple rooms to choose from.

 

Game of Thrones

 

Junk Yard


Medieval Madness


Larry started to read a book. I worked on my jigsaw puzzle.

I worked out with Synth Riders for a half hour.


Working out


In the evening we watched Mr. Holmes on Amazon. I continued watching The Alice on Acorn. I ended up doing 17,000 steps, which put me in 2nd place in my group.


 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to hear friendly comments on anything at all. Ruth