Pictures From Jan-Jul 2023 - It's All About Having Fun!!

Wednesday, June 19, 2024

Tuesday 6-18-24 Dancing, Errands, Games and Having Fun

 

Having fun


We had a great day. 

Larry started the day out by walking around and checking out the irrigation system at our house and Jason's house to make sure the sprinklers were working correctly. He found two of our sprinklers weren't working correctly. They were both spraying but not rotating. He replaced both heads. 

I did the Daily Challenges of Solitaire and Mahjong. The event was Event: Free Cell Mini of 10 games. It took me 48 minutes and 41 seconds, which put me in 19th place in my group. Then I played some Angry Birds. 

We attended Di Green and Terry McCann's Weekly A2 dance at 10:00 for an hour. It was nice to see Terry and Di back in town and calling. They took turns calling 5 tips to 8 participants. Larry danced with them for four of the tips. It is always a pleasure dancing to Terry and Di because they dance with us and cue the whole dance. We had a super time dancing with friends.

 

Get a partner and dance

 

After lunch we went to town to track down some parts. When we built the house Larry used some 3" PVC to build covers for our survey markers. To allow surveyors to see the markers the tops screw off. One of the tops has gone missing and another is broken off. He needed some replacements. He also needed a new vacuum breaker for one of our outside hose bibs, the other day he had to replace one and now he needed a spare. Apparently our house has a fairly rare style of bib and the replacements are difficult to find. Home Depot does not carry them so we went to a plumbing supply store, Ham & McCreight Supply Inc. The customer service wasn't the greatest but Larry got the part he needed. Then we stopped at The Home Depot to pick up more dirt for holes in the yards.

 

Doing errands

 

When we got home. I worked out on the Synth Riders for an hour.

Larry played a few games of pinball and had a super day. He entered his initials in Cirqus Voltaire and Dr. No. When he finished playing pinball I played pinball. I played the weekly challenge of Beavis and Butt-head and four more games. They were Dr. No, James Bond 60th Anniversary, Goldeneye and Cirqus Voltaire. I did do as well as Larry but I had fun trying.

 

James Bond 60th Anniversary

 

Beavis and Butt-head

 

Cirqus Voltaire

 

Dr. No

 In the evening we watched a movie on Amazon called Oppenheimer. It was a three hour movie and very good. It was a biographical drama about the life of J. Robert Oppenheimer, who invented the atomic bomb. Then I watched Angels & Demons from our movie collection. I ended up doing 18,000 steps, which put me in 4th place in my group. 


 

 

 


 



No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to hear friendly comments on anything at all. Ruth