Pictures From Jan-Jul 2023 - It's All About Having Fun!!

Thursday, June 6, 2024

Wednesday 6-5-24 Dance Day, Games & Mammogram

 

Have fun with friends


We had a muggy day. We started out with rain and wind.

We started the day out by going to Temple for my appointment to get a mammogram. The appointment was at 7:45 so I had to be there at 7:30. 

Larry took me to the appointment. It was raining and very windy. It was so windy that it almost turned the umbrella inside out. We were glad we have a heavy duty golf umbrella. Larry checked me in via the website so it was easy to check-in. When we got to Baylor, Scott and White Hospital we had to show identification to get a visitor pass, this was new, the last time we were here this was not required. Larry asked where the imaging room was, we were told it was on the ground floor. Good thing he asked, the room had moved since we were last there. The lady working the desk in the imaging area said they moved in September. She liked it because it was quite. Once I was checked-in I was told to go and put a hospital gown on and wait. I didn't have to wait but a few minutes. Nancy did the exam and did an excellent job. I was in and out in fifteen minutes. 

On the way home we stopped by Jack 'n' Jill Donuts for breakfast. It was more money at this location then the Belton location. 

We have a number of security cameras mounted on the exterior of the house. One of the older cameras has been a bit hazy for quite awhile. During the tornado it got moisture inside of it and while it cleared up over a few days Larry decided it was time to replace it. Over Memorial day there was a sale on the cameras he used on the front of the house and he ordered one. Today he installed it. Since he was replacing an already installed camera the installation was fairly easy, it was the software configuration that was difficult. It took hours and a YouTube video for him to get it the way he wanted. 

When Jason started building his house next door he asked if Larry could point this camera so it would see his house. Larry repositioned it but to see all of the neighbors house we then couldn't seen down the side of our house. When Larry ordered the new camera he got one with a wider field of view, now we can see the side of our house and all of the neighbors house. He does not live in this house, he rents it out via Airbnb.

New Security Camera

Usually on Wednesdays I attend three virtual dances but for the next two weeks I will attend two because Di Green and Terry McCann are out of town. First was Ett McAtee's Weekly C1 at 1:00 for an hour. Ett called five tips to 18 participants. She cued the first two tips. She concentrated on calling Alter The Wave. I had a fun time dancing with friends.

Second was Dave Eno's Weekly C1/A2 at 6:00 for an hour and a half. Karin Rabe and Greg Moore helped called the dance. They called three tips of C1 and three tips of A2. During the C1 tips we had 9 participants and A2 had 10 participants. In between the A2 tips we did a little trivia. This week Karin and Greg danced with two other ladies so it was easier to follow them. Dave, Karin and Greg cued moves through out the dance which was very helpful. The C1 dancers stayed after the A2 tips because Dave wanted to called four more sequences. We had a fun time with the sequences because they were a little more challenging. I had a super time dancing with friends.

 

Before Ett's dance I played games. I did the Daily Challenges of Solitaire and Mahjong. The event today was Event: Two Game Tango Mini of 6 games (3 Klondike and 3 Tri Peaks). It took me 12 minutes and 37 seconds, which put me in 16th place in my group. Then I played Angry Birds. 

After Ett's dance I worked out with the Synth Riders for an hour. I played Lethal Weapon 3 and The Flintstones. I did get a new high score in Lethal Weapon 3 but came close. I had fun playing The Flintstones also.


Lethal Weapon 3


The Flintstones

 

After Dave's dance we watched a movie on Pluto called The Time Machine. It was an ok movie, where a gentleman travels in time to change an accident from happening. While doing so he finds himself. Then I watched Batman Begins from our movie collection. I ended up doing 17,500 steps, which put me in 3rd place in my group.


 

No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to hear friendly comments on anything at all. Ruth