Pictures From Jan-Jul 2023 - It's All About Having Fun!!

Wednesday, June 12, 2024

Tuesday 9-11-24 No Dancing, Irrigation, Pinball Cabinet & Games

 

Disappointed


Disappointed we had no dancing today because there weren't enough people for the dance in Corsicana. People were busy traveling or doing other commitments. Di Green and Terry McCann are still in Sweden and their dance was cancelled. We were disappointed but this gave us another day to do little projects.

Larry worked on our irrigation system. The other day we had bought some head extension kits for the front sprinklers at The Home Depot, we had three sprinklers that needed to be raised, he installed the kits today. This is the first time he used the extension kit and he liked how easy the extensions were to install. He only had to dig up the top of the sprinkler and pop on the outside piece, then screw on the popup extension and reinstall the head. Larry said it was a lot easier because he didn't have to dig up the whole sprinkler. Once he installed the extensions he made sure the sprinklers sprayed the right way and the right place. While he was walking around he noticed one of Jason's sprinkler heads wasn't working correctly. He checked it out and found another one was broken off. He texted Jason and asked if would be OK if he repaired it. Jason said yes. He dug the sprinkler out and found where it was broken. We didn't have the parts to fix it so we went to The Home Depot to get the parts. On the way there Larry took me to What A Burger for lunch. We shared a hamburger, medium fries and medium drink.

At The Home Depot we found the parts we needed to fix the sprinkler. While there we picked up three bags of dirt, we had some low spots and Larry needed dirt for Jason's sprinkler.

When we got home Larry fixed Jason's sprinklers and put down the dirt. Larry liked the top soil we got, it didn't have any large sticks in it. The top soil covered very well, he has one bag left he plans to use on a low spot on the edge of Jason's yard.

While Larry worked on his project I played games. I played the Daily Challenges of Solitaire and Mahjong. The event today was Event: Tri Peaks Adventure of 20 games. It took me 2 hours, 48 minutes and 34 seconds, which put me in 22nd place in my group. Then I played Angry Birds.

I played four games of pinball. They were White Water, Medieval Madness, Tales of the Arabian Nights and Monster Bash. I got myself a new high score in White Water but didn't enter into the challenge because I didn't move up and didn't get the flippers in the picture. I had a great time playing pinball.  


Medieval Madness


Monster Bash


Tales of the Arabian Nights


White Water


I continued working on my jigsaw puzzle. It's going to take some time because the colors blend in with each other. The picture on the front of the box is not what the puzzle looks like. The picture on the back of the box is what the puzzle looks like.

 

 The puzzle so far


In the evening we watched a movie on Tubi called Snow Piercer. It was a science fiction movie. It wasn't that good. Then I watched Star Wars Episode IV, which is the very first one made in 1977. It was called Star Wars and The Little Mermaid. I ended up doing 18,000 steps, which put me in 2nd place in my group.


 

Relaxing in front of the television






 

No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to hear friendly comments on anything at all. Ruth