Pictures From Jan-Jul 2023 - It's All About Having Fun!!

Thursday, August 10, 2023

Wednesday 8-9-23 Dance Day & Playing Games

 

Happy Wednesday

We had a super day. 

I attended four virtual square dances. First was Dayle Hodge's Weekly A1/A2 at 11:00 for an hour. He called two tips of two couple A1, two tips of two couple A2 and a tip of four couple A2 to 10 participants. Larry danced with me and we had a super time. Dayle really doesn't do a lot of cueing but he helps the dancers by waiting for them to figure the move and get to the right place. If we aren't he will tell you where to go, such as move towards the kitchen and to the right. He also redo the move the best he can. He is an outstanding caller and makes the dance fun by joking around. 

Second was Ett McAtee's Weekly C1 at 1:00 for an hour. She had 20 participants. Her dance was a lot more fun this week because she called easier moves and told us what formation we were in. Ett worked on Pass the Axle and Cross Chain Thru. She also worked on other moves if requested. I had a great time dancing to Ett and with friends. I had to leave during the fourth tip to attend my next dance.

Third was Di Green and Terry McCann's Weekly Plus at 2:00 for an hour. Di and Terry took turns calling five tips to 12 participants. They called a total of 5 tips. During one break Robin shared a picture of an activity, that she did with Di and Terry when they came to the state to visit. It was a two hour workshop of making an art project with blow glass. Everyone did their own project, that was 3" X 6" picture. Her picture was gorgeous. I had a fun time dancing to Di and Terry and with friends.

The glass project Robin did

Fourth was Dave Eno's Weekly C1/A2 at 6:30 for two hours. The format was two C1 tips, five A2 tips and closing with one C1 tip. This week Karin Rabe and Greg Moore wasn't at the dance because they were in Houston, TX at a caller school session. A young man named Jonathan from New York helped Dave call the dance. This was the first time he ever called a zoom dance and did a good job. Dave and Jonathan called a C1 tip a piece to 6 participants. Jonathan and Dave called an A2 tips a piece and the other three A2 tips they took turns calling to 9 participants. Dave called the last C1 tip by himself to 4 participants. I had a fun time dancing with friends.

Before and in between dancing I played games. I did the Daily Challenges of Solitaire and Mahjong. The event today was Event: Spider Mini of 5 games. It took me 14 minutes and 19 seconds, which put me in 18th place in my group. Then I played Angry Birds 2 and Angry Birds and Friends.

I played some pinball games. Today I played six games from television series: Batman, The Addams Family, The Munsters, Scare Stiff (Elvira), The Simpsons Pinball Party and The X-Files. Some of the games I hadn't played in awhile and had a lot of fun playing them. The only game that didn't have five balls was The Munsters. Larry has tried multiple times to change the number of balls from three to five and wasn't successful. 

Batman

Scared Stiff

The Addams Family

The Munsters

The Simpsons Pinball Party

The X-Files

While I danced Larry continued working on the volume knob on the arcade cabinet. While the one he installed the other day works he is not completely happy with it. He can't get the exact potentiometer he wants so he is attempting to modify one. He worked on it for quite some time but at the moment he has not been successful. 

After the last dance we watched an episode of The Librarians. I continued watching the 24th season of Silent Witness. I also watched two episodes of The X-Files. I ended up doing 18,000 steps, which put me in 6th place in my group.  

 


No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to hear friendly comments on anything at all. Ruth