Pictures From Jan-Jul 2023 - It's All About Having Fun!!

Sunday, August 6, 2023

Saturday 8-5-23 Motorcycle Ride, Projects & Games

 

Having fun with Larry

I made mini waffles for breakfast. 

Perfect mini waffle every time

Then we went on a motorcycle ride. We're going on our fall camping trip at the end of the month and the motorcycle hadn't been started in awhile. Larry usually takes it for a ride once a month by himself. Today I decided to go with him. It started right up. Larry decided to drive to Rogers Park to check out the lake. We don't own a boat anymore so we don't go to the lake. Larry read that Belton Lake was down 16 feet, which is very low. The lake was definitely down, the point was out of the water and there were a lot of trees out of the water. We have seen it about this low before but it still sad to see. Even if we owned a boat we would not launch or use it at this part of the lake. There were some boats on the lake. After walking around and taking pictures we drove to Arrowhead Point Park. This ramp is just down the street from us. The parking area was busy. We saw a gentleman launching a jet ski and boat at the same time. This is very difficult to do. In order to launch the boat you have to remove the jet ski trailer. Most people would drop one of the trailers and then launch the other item. Then they would come back and get the trailer and launch the second item. After watching him a bit we went home. It was a very nice ride and not too hot.

 

Motorcycle at Rogers Park

 

Fishing off the point

Lake at Rogers Park

 

Boat ramp at Rogers Park

When we got home Larry did a few little projects. While building the solar charger Larry switched all of the connectors out to ones he prefers. He has a cable on the motorcycle that is used to trickle charge the battery that still had the old connectors. He had to remove the seat and battery to remove the cable and replace the connectors. 

For years we have stored the motorcycle in front of the truck, there is a nice little cut out area where it fits really well and keeps it out of the way, the only downside is you have to move the truck to get the motorcycle in or out. Now that we don't have the boat we have an empty garage bay. Larry decided it would be easier to store the motorcycle there. He relocated his small motorcycle battery charger to that area. He can always move it back to the other area.

I did the Daily Challenges of Solitaire and Mahjong. The event today was Event: Easy Street Mini of 15 games. It took me 30 minutes and 20 seconds, which put me in 26th place in my group. I thought I was doing very well but I guess I'm too slow. Then I played Angry Birds 2 and Angry Birds and Friends. I did a couple of Sudoku puzzles.

Sudoku puzzle

Angry Birds

I played some pinball. I played The Simpsons Pinball Party, Scared Stiff, Cactus Canyon and Cirqus Voltaire on the pinball cabinet.

Cactus Canyon

 

Cirqus Voltaire

 

Scared Stiff

 

Who Dunnit (Color)

On the arcade cabinet I played Diner, Junk Yard and Killer Klowns using the new volume knob. The knob works excellent. It's so much easier and faster than using the buttons.

Volume knob on far right

 

Diner

 

Junk Yard

 

Killer Klowns

When we grocery shopping at Aldi we picked up some pork loin (Italian seasoned and peppercorn). Today, I decided to grill the Italian seasoned pack. It took 50 minutes to grill. I used a meat thermometer to make sure it's cooked, for pork it's 160 degrees. Our thermometer will beep when the meat is done. It came out very tender and tasted delicious.

Freshly off the grill

Ready to eat

 

Pork loin before it was grilled

In the evening we watched the new Guardians of the Galaxy Volume 3 via Disney+. It was just as good as the other two. Then I watched the second Matrix movie called The Matrix Reloaded. Afterwards I watched a couple of episodes of The X-Files. I ended up doing 18,000 steps, which put me in 4th place in my group.


 

    


       

No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to hear friendly comments on anything at all. Ruth