Pictures From Jan-Jul 2023 - It's All About Having Fun!!

Monday, August 28, 2023

Sunday 8-27-23 Matchless Campground


 New campground

We woke up to a brisk 51 degrees in Salida and the sprinkler spraying the Minnie. We had a great night of sleeping at Walmart. It was very quiet. Larry got cold and discovered I had taken all of the quilt (a patch work quilt Larry's mother made). He was able to get some of it back. We had an easy breakfast of chocolate Zingers, one of my favorites. Then we got ready to go. We weren't in any hurry because our next destination was only 65 miles away. We were ready to go by 7:30.

We stopped in Buena Vista at their city park to take showers. You have to use quarters, you get 2 minutes for a dollar. The park is beautiful with a playground, trail along the river, skill track for bicycles, tennis courts, skate board course and a walkway around the park. Larry went over and took a shower. When he came back I went over to take a shower but the women's shower was out of order. The sign recommend a laundromat or the wellness center. 

Buena Vista Outpost 

Afterwards we continued on to Matchless Campground on Turquoise Lake. It's in the Pike-San Isabel National Forest. Along the way we checked out Tabo campground which is 1.5 miles from Matchless. We decided we liked Matchless better because the sites are larger. Both campgrounds are parking lot sites with no power or water and the bathrooms are vault toilets. We are in site #4. Our site is in the trees where there is a picnic table and fire ring. It is a beautiful site. There is an end site we would prefer and if the folks leave we might move. There is also an overflow campground but they're not as nice and the sites are smaller and your site is the parking lot. Our site is $26.00 per night and the overflow is $22.00 but we have the senior pass so it is half price. We love our passes.

At noon a small hail storm came through. It only lasted a few minutes and the hail was pea size. The rain stayed around the rest of the afternoon. It sprinkled on and off. While it sprinkled I did my Daily Challenges of Solitaire and Mahjong from today and yesterday. I also did the event, which was Event: Medium Mayhem Mini of 15 games. It took me 53 minutes and 43 seconds, which put me in 21st place in my group. I may not be able to do my games everyday because our internet comes and go. But that's ok I'm happy.

I still got my steps in in between the sprinkles. Larry walked with me for a little bit. After dinner I walked around for an hour and rested. Then I walked another 45 minutes to get my steps of 17,000 steps. I ended up coming in 6th place in my group for the week. I ended up doing 123,634. I didn't get the challenge of 125,000 but I'm happy. Next week I will.  

Lake Turquoise from overflow campground

Larry finished a book and started a new one.

 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to hear friendly comments on anything at all. Ruth