Pictures From Jan-Jul 2023 - It's All About Having Fun!!

Thursday, August 3, 2023

Wednesday 8-2-23 Dance Day & Games

 

We had a great day. 

Larry kept busy playing with our old RCA Cambio Notebook Tablet. After many hours of playing with it he decided to wipe the hard drive of all our personnel data. He also got out Louise's old computer along with some old phones and tablets and wiped all of them. We will take all of them to be recycled/disposed of at Best Buy.

I spent the day attending four virtual square dances. First was Dayle Hodge's Weekly A1/A2 at 11:00 for an hour. He called two two couple A1 tips, two two couple A2 tips and one four couple A2 tip to 9 participants. Larry danced with me. It was a lot of fun dancing with friends and to Dayle.

Second was Ett McAtee's Weekly C1 at 1:00 for an hour. It was very difficult to dance to her because she didn't cue. But she did walk us through moves we were having problems with if requested. She concentrated on Tally Ho and Regroup from different positions. Ett called five tips but I had to leave after the fourth to attend my next dance. Ett had 17 participants during the dance. It wasn't that fun because I struggled through the dance.

Third was Di Green and Terry McCann's Weekly Plus at 2:00 for an hour. Di called five tips to 9 participants. Terry wasn't feeling well so he didn't call but he did dance three tips with Di. Di did an outstanding job of calling the dance. I had great time.

Fourth was Dave Eno's Weekly C1/A2 at 6:30 for two hours. Karin Rabe and Greg Moore helped Dave call the dance. The format was two C1 tips to 9 participants, five A2 tips to 12 participants and one C1 tip to 7 participants. The last A2 tip Karin, Greg and Dave took turns calling. We had a new dancer at the dance, Jonathan. He is also a caller. Next week he will help call the dance. I had a fun evening dancing to Karin, Greg and Dave and with friends.

I did the Daily Challenges of Solitaire and Mahjong. The event today was Event: Two Game Tango of 10 games (5 Pyramid and 5 Tri Peaks). It took me 58 minutes and 41 seconds, which put me in 20th place in my group. Then I played Angry Birds.

I also played pinball on the pinball cabinet. The games were The Simpsons Pinball Party, Theatre of Magic, Who Dunnit (black and white), Cirqus Voltaire and Congo. I didn't get a new high score on The Simpsons Pinball Party but had fun. The Theatre of Magic I got the fourth high score and Cirqus Voltaire I got the third high score. 

Cirqus Voltaire

 

Congo

 

Theatre of Magic

 

Who Dunnit

While having dinner we received our new tablet so while I danced to Dave, Karin and Greg Larry worked on setting it up.

After the last dance we watched an episode of The Librarians. Then I watched Iron Man 2 and a couple of episodes of The X-Files. I ended up doing 18,000 steps, which put me in 4th place in my group.

Relaxing in front of the television


 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to hear friendly comments on anything at all. Ruth