Pictures From Jan-Jul 2023 - It's All About Having Fun!!

Thursday, August 24, 2023

Wednesday 8-23-23 Busy Day of Trip Preparation

 

Awesome Day

We had a hot humid day with a high of 102 degrees.

Today's high

Larry and I are very excited about going on our long fall trip. We kept busy most of the day getting the Minnie ready. First Larry went to the convenience store and filled up a gallon container with gas to take with us for the motorcycle. When he got home I helped him load and strap the motorcycle on the carrier.

After putting the motorcycle on the carrier I continued loading the Minnie. Larry loaded the solar panels and got the electronics together to take with us. He backed up the electronics in the house. He filled the septic tank with bleach.

In the afternoon he got with our neighbor Jason and showed him where the breakers for our house power are located. Jason is in the process of building another house on the other side of us. We gave him permission to use our power. Once in awhile a contractor will trigger the breaker.

Trip preparation finished

After the Minnie was ready I made a bake to take with us. For dinner I cooked up some pork loin and the leftovers we'll take with us. I did my housework. I cleaned the bathrooms, dusted and vacuumed the house and mopped the floors. I always do housework before we leave on our trips because we like to return to a clean house.

Pork Loin

 

Doing housework

I did the Daily Challenges of Solitaire and Mahjong. The event today was Event: World Tour Mini of 10 games. It took me 55 minutes and 48 seconds, which put me in 23rd place in my group. I played Angry Birds.

Larry and I played some pinball games. I played the weekly challenge Back to the Future, Red & Ted's Road Show and Congo. I didn't have a great day of playing pinball but I had fun. I got to admit I did play a good game of Congo.

Congo

Red & Ted's Road Show

In the evening we watched an episode of A Touch of Frost. I watched a couple of episodes of The X-Files. I ended up doing 18,000 steps, which put me in 6th place in my group. 


 

  

No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to hear friendly comments on anything at all. Ruth