Pictures From Jan-Jul 2023 - It's All About Having Fun!!

Wednesday, August 9, 2023

Tuesday 8-8-23 Just Another Day of Fun

 

Just another hot summer day

It's was another 104 degree day. We hang around the house keeping cool under the air conditioner. 

Larry has things that are done each month and one of those is to reboot two of our routers. One of them has a process built in that allows it to be configured to reboot automatically, the other does not. To automate the process on the second one he has been using a program called Tasker, it runs via the tablet. In loading up the new tablet he was reminded how difficult it was to configure and the tablet has to be on and on the home network to work. When we are on the road it does not work until we return home. Yesterday he decided to see if he could figure out something better. He installed a program called If This Then That (IFTT). It has taken him hours to learn how to use it and to get it to do what he wants but he has been successful. The process is in the cloud so the tablet will not have to be at home. Now we will have to wait until the 1st to see if it really works correctly. He enjoys doing this type of project because he has to figure things out.

I played the Daily Challenges of Solitaire and Mahjong. The event today was Event: World Tour Mini of 10 games. It took me 43 minutes and 30 seconds, which put me in 24th place in my group. Then I moved onto Angry Birds.

We attended one virtual square dance, which was Di Green and Terry McCann's Weekly A2 at 2:00 for an hour and fifteen minutes. Di called the whole dance and Terry danced with her. She called five tips to 12 participants. Larry and I dressed wearing the same color of shirt and pants. I joked with Di and thanked her for getting Larry and me back home. She did an excellent job of calling and cueing the dance. Larry and I had a great time dancing with friends.

Having fun dancing with friends

During Covid Larry made a birdhouse and the last two years we have had birds nest in it. The first year a couple of birds built a nest and one of them disappeared so we didn't see any little ones. This year a couple of sets of birds added onto the existing nest. We watched them build the nest on and off. When we got back from our spring trip the birds were gone so we thought the babies hatched and flew away. Today Larry decided to clean the nest out of the birdhouse. We thought maybe we would see shells left from the hatching. In order to remove the nest Larry unscrewed the top. We were surprised to find 11 eggs in the nest. The babies never hatched. This was very disappointing. After removing the nest we took pictures and then we threw the nest away. Maybe next spring birds will return and babies will be born.

Birdhouse before it was cleaned

The nest in the house

The nest that was in the house

The eggs in the nest

Removing the roof of the house

In the afternoon we played pinball. Larry had a super game of Cirqus Voltaire. He played the game for over 30 minutes and got a grand champion score of 143,760,370. He went through three levels of the game. Congratulation, Larry. 😂😂

I played the weekly challenge of The X-Files and got a new high score of 5,131,240. Then I played four Sci-Fi games: Attack From Mars, Godzilla, Congo and Creature From The Black Lagoon. When playing Congo I got a new grand champion score of 1,009,386,490. I also played Cirqus Voltaire to try to knock Larry out of the grand champion position but was unsuccessful. I had a great day of playing pinball.

New high score

 

Attack From Mars

 

Congo

Creature From The Black Lagoon

 

Godzilla

In the evening we watched the last episode of Poirot. I didn't like the ending of the series. Then we watched an episode of The Librarians. The other day I was browsing through series I watch on BritBox and found that I hadn't watched three seasons of Silent Witness. I started to watch Season 24 and watched two episodes. Then I started watching Season 6 of The X-Files and watched a couple of episodes. I ended up doing 18,000 steps, which put me in 7th place in my group.

 

 

 


 

No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to hear friendly comments on anything at all. Ruth