Pictures From Jan-Jul 2023 - It's All About Having Fun!!

Saturday, August 12, 2023

Friday 8-11-23 Crafting, Games, Dance & Having Fun

 

Today's high 

Happy Friday. I hope everyone will have a great weekend. I believe this has been our hottest day this year, it was 107.

I started the day out by playing pinball. I played the weekly challenge of The X-Files. Then I played three games of magical things (Cirqus Voltaire, Great Houdini and Theatre of Magic) and Cactus Canyon. I didn't get a new high score on any of the games but I had fun.

The X-Files

Cactus Canyon

Theatre of Magic

The Great Houdini

Cirqus Voltaire

I played the Daily Challenges of Solitaire and Mahjong. Then I moved onto the event, which was Event: Easy Street Mini of 15 games. It took me 29 minutes and 36 seconds, which put me in 16th place in my group. I played Angry Birds 2 and Angry Birds and Friends.

Larry has now completed all of his Medicare signups. He has Medicare, a supplement plan and prescription drug plan. He also cancelled his current medical insurance via the Affordable Care Act. 

Without the Affordable Care Act I don't know what we would have done for insurance. For us it did indeed make insurance available and due to our income it was at a reasonable cost. Without it one of us may have had to work all these years simply to have insurance or we might have had to take the chance of not having medical insurance. Neither was an attractive option.

Yesterday when we went to town the car air conditioner took quite some time to get cold. We keep our car in the garage so its not like it was baking in the sun. Today after lunch we went for a ride and it worked fine, happy about that. During the ride Larry treated me to a ice cream cone at McDonald's. We hadn't done this in a long time, it taste great.

I also worked on the Lady and the Tramp craft project.

In the evening I attended Ett McAtee's Weekly A2 dance at 6:30 for an hour. She called four tips to 9 participants. She helped me when I went wrong by saying where I should be. I had fun dancing to her and with friends.

Square dancing with friends

After the dance we watched the second episode of Signora Volpe. Then we watched an episode of The Librarians. After Larry went to bed I watched a couple of episodes of Silent Witness and The X-Files. I ended up doing 18,000 steps, which put me in 7th place in my group.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to hear friendly comments on anything at all. Ruth