Pictures From Jan-Jul 2023 - It's All About Having Fun!!

Wednesday, August 2, 2023

Tuesday 8-1-23 Happy August, Dancing & Games

 

Hello August

I live in Belton,Texas, which is in Central Texas. During the month of July we had 24 consecutive days of 100 or more degrees. Once it got to 100 degrees it stayed there. Today we got up to 106 degrees. I'm grateful that the humidity is low. 

Today's high

Larry has continued shopping for a new tablet. He ordered one from Amazon, it should be here tomorrow. 

We have an old RCA Cambio Notebook Tablet that we bought back in 2020. It was very cheap and Larry used it mostly as a toy. For a bit we used it for our security cameras but whenever Microsoft did an update it would crash. It worked great for my games. It's a great product because it has a touch screen and it's small. Yesterday Larry decided to play with it and sure enough Microsoft had again updated the software and it would no longer work. When this happens it takes hours and hours to get it working again. Larry worked on it most of the day and while he has it running there are still lots of problems. Not sure what he will do, he is thinking about recycling it. Even if he gets it back running the next time Microsoft makes an update it will probably crash again.

RCA Cambio Tablet

I did the Daily Challenges of Solitaire and Mahjong. The event today was Event: Easy Street Mini of 5 games. It took me 9 minutes and 4 seconds, which put me in 17th in my group. I played my two Angry Birds games. I also did a few Sudoku puzzles.

Larry and I played pinball on the pinball cabinet. I played Red & Ted's Road Show, Great Houdini, The Simpsons Pinball Party, Cirqus Voltaire and Congo. I had a great day of pinball I ended up being the high for the day on Red & Ted's Road Show with 223,845,840. I also got on the Great Houdini's high score board in #4. This is exciting because usually the game says either: "You need flipper skills" or " Did you score any points". Some people might be offended by the remarks but I think they're cute. 

Cirqus Voltaire

Congo

Great Houdini

Red & Ted's Road Show

For dinner we tried something new. The other day when we were at Aldi we picked up a Mama Cozzi's Flatbread Beer Cheese & Brat pizza. It was made to cook on the grill. That's exactly what I did. It cooked great but it wasn't one of my favorite pizzas.

Half of the Flatbread Beer Cheese & Brat pizza

I did a couple of loads of clothes.

Doing laundry

In the evening we watched an episode of Poirot and The Librarians. Then I watched a couple of episodes of The X-Files. I also watched Iron Man 1. I ended up doing 18,500 steps, which put me in 4th place in my group.



 

 

 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to hear friendly comments on anything at all. Ruth