Pictures From Jan-Jul 2023 - It's All About Having Fun!!

Friday, August 18, 2023

Thursday 8-17-23 Happy Birthday Louise & Birthdays Celebration

 

Happy Birthday Louise

It got up to 108 degrees. 

We are going on our fall trip next week and we will not be in town to celebrate our birthdays so we celebrated them today with Louise and Alice. Today is actually Louise's birthday so it worked out perfect. Louise arrived at 9:30 this morning. 

When she showed up Alice was very excited to see Larry and me, she ran to us and through the house. Louise brought some no bake chocolate oatmeal cookies so we snacked on them until it was time for lunch. For lunch I cooked a pizza on the gas grill and put a tray of chips out so everyone could choose what they wanted. Louise had not seen our arcade cabinet so Larry showed her how to choose what she wanted to play. She played Double Diamonds Haywire until it was time to open our gifts. Larry's mother (Shirley) gave us a couple of gift cards (Amazon and Walmart). Louise gave us snacks to take with us on our trip (mini chocolate chips cookies, trail mix, mini Reese cups, two packs of beef jerky and Snickers fun size bars) and a couple of gift cards from Amazon. Louise received a Walmart gift card from her mom. We gave her a couple of arcade machines: a Pac Man arcade and a Pong table top arcade, along with that a Pac Man light. I played with Alice. For dessert we had strawberry cheese cake. We had a super birthday celebration. Thank you, Shirley and Louise for all the great gifts.

Pizza lunch

 
Birthday dessert

Larry watching Louise play 

Larry opening his gifts

 

Louise opening her gifts

Opening my gifts and Alice watching

 

Snacks Louise brought

I played my Daily Challenges of Solitaire and Mahjong before going to bed. After Louise left I played the event, which was Event: Experts Only Mini of five games. It took me 2 hours, 3 minutes and 8 seconds, which put me in 19th place in my group. The expert games are always very hard for me to solve. Then I moved onto Angry Birds.

I played the weekly pinball challenge Theatre of Magic and got a new high score of 386,051,520. It was only 6,001,250 higher and didn't move me up in the challenge. Then I played Cirqus Voltaire. 

New high score

Cirqus Voltaire

I did some crafting and Larry read.

In the evening we started watching the second season of A Touch of Frost and an episode of The Librarians. Afterwards I watched a couple of episodes of Silent Witness and two episodes of The X-Files. I ended up doing 18,000 steps, which put me in 6th place in my group.

 

  

No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to hear friendly comments on anything at all. Ruth