Pictures From Jan-Jul 2023 - It's All About Having Fun!!

Friday, August 11, 2023

Thursday 8-10-23 Dancing, Games & New Crafting Projects

 

Another hot day

We're still in the low 100s. 

We attended Dayle Hodge's Weekly C1 dance at 11:00 for an hour. He called four two couple tips and one four couple tip to 6 participants. It was a small group so we didn't pin anyone. Larry and I had a super time dancing to Dayle and friends. Dayle and Cathy are going on vacation in Michigan for a week so we won't be dancing to him next week. He won't have internet. 

Get a partner and dance

I did the Daily Challenges of Solitaire and Mahjong. The event today was Event: Pyramid Adventure of 20 games. It took me 1 hour, 27 minutes and 10 seconds, which put me in 15th place in my group. Then I played Angry Birds 2 and Angry Birds and Friends.

Larry is eligible for Medicare this month. He started the process of signing up about a month ago. He signed up via the Social Security website and a few days later was notified via email that he had been approved and a Medicare card would be mailed to him. A couple of weeks later he got mail from Medicare saying welcome to medicare and indicating a card would be coming. It has now been a month so after lunch we went to The UPS Store to get our mail. He received a bill from Medicare but still no card. When we got home he called Medicare to see where the card was. While he was on hold waiting for someone to answer he found where he could request a new card and when he attempted that he was offered the option of printing a copy of his card. He had been on hold for over 30 minutes and who knows how much longer it would have taken when he hung up and printed his card. Now he's in the process of choosing a supplement plan.

We follow More Golden Years blog that is written by Carol. She posted the other day that she started a new hobby and has been enjoying it. The hobby was diamond painting. Larry thought this would be fun for me to do so he ordered a kit. It came in today. The kit came with six (9.8 X 13.8) images (Lady and the Tramp, Eeyore, Groot, Yoda, Disney and another Character I don't know), diamonds (23 bags) and tools to use for the project. It's like paint by numbers except you use diamonds instead of markers or paint. 

The diamond kit

I decided to start the Lady and the Tramp.The kit doesn't come with directions so we watched a couple of YouTube videos on how to do the projects. I worked on it for an hour. Larry was right I'm having fun doing it. 

Lady and the Tramp 

After going to town I took a nap. When I woke up I played the weekly challenge of The X-Files on the pinball machine.

In the evening we started a new series on Acorn called Signora Volpe. It has three episodes and is about a MI6 agent. I like it so far. Then we watched an episode of The Librarians. Afterwards I continued watching the 24th season of Silent Witness. Afterwards I watched a couple of episodes of The X-Files. I ended up doing 18,000 steps, which put me in 7th place in my group.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to hear friendly comments on anything at all. Ruth