Pictures From Jan-Jul 2023 - It's All About Having Fun!!

Saturday, August 19, 2023

Friday 8-18-23 Dancing with Loren Smith, Haircut & Having Fun

 

Awesome Friday

We had an awesome Friday.

We started the day out by going to town. Larry's hair was getting out of control and he wanted to get a haircut. He usually gets one before we go on one of our long trips. First stop was at Great Clips for Larry to get his haircut. They weren't too busy. There were two people cutting hair and they had customers. Larry and another lady were next in line. While Larry was getting his haircut a couple more ladies started cutting hair. There were only a couple more customers by than.

Getting a haircut

Next we went across the street to The Dollar Tree to pick up a few things to take on our trip. We also bought some bleach for our septic system. The last stop was at Jack 'n' Jill Donuts.

For years we have used a fuel and maintenance tracking application called Simply Auto. It works outstanding but it's no longer supported so Larry has been looking at some other apps. For a few days he has been experimenting with an app called Fuelio. He wanted to import all of our old data into the new app but he came across a problem. He wrote the gentleman in charge of the program and asked him about the problem. It took a couple of days to get a response but he was able to tell Larry how to fix it. He spent most of yesterday and today importing the data for our truck, car and motor home and learning the new program. He's having a great time and is excited about seeing how it works. We'll use both for a bit.

I did the Daily Challenges of Solitaire and Mahjong. The event today was Event: The Hard Road of 16 games. It took me 2 hours, 17 minutes and 1 seconds, which put me in 9th place in my group. Then I moved over to playing Angry Birds 2 and Angry Birds and Friends.

I continued working on The Lady and the Tramp diamonds painting crafting project.

I didn't play any pinball today but Larry did. He was quite excited about getting a new high score on one of the games.

In the evening I attended Ett's Weekly A2 dance at 6:30. This week she was calling in person so Loren Smith filled in for her. Loren called four A2 tips to 13 participants and one C1 tip to 12 participants. The dance was for an hour and a half. In between the tips we visited. I had a great time dancing to Loren and with friends.

Dancing with friends

After the dance we watched an episode of the second season of A Touch of Frost. Then I watched a couple of episodes of Silent Witness and an episode of The X-Files. I ended up doing 18,000 steps, which put me in 4th place in my group.

        

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to hear friendly comments on anything at all. Ruth