Pictures From Jan-Jul 2023 - It's All About Having Fun!!

Thursday, August 17, 2023

Wednesday 8-16-23 Dance Day with Games & Crafting

 

Awesome Day

We had an awesome day.

I did the Daily Challenges of Solitaire and Mahjong. Today's event was Event: Klondike Adventure of 20 games. It took me 52 minutes and 27 seconds, which put me in 11th place in my group. Then I moved onto playing Angry Birds. 

I attended three virtual dances. First was Ett McAtee's Weekly C1 at 1:00 for an hour. I danced four of the tips. Ett worked on Percolate in different positions, Cross Roll and As Couple Concepts. Ett had 21 participants. She didn't do a lot of cueing but she did say what formation we were in. It started out very challenging and I was about to leave the dance. But I hung in there and it got better. By the end I had a good time.

Second was Di Green and Terry McCann's Weekly Plus at 2:00 for an hour and fifteen minutes. Terry danced with Di and Di called the whole dance. She called five tips to 10 participants. I had a great time dancing with friends and to Di's calling.

Third was Dave Eno's Weekly C1/A2 dance at 6:30 for two hours. This week we had five callers calling the dance, they were Karin Rabe, Greg Moore, Dave Eno, Dave Hutchinson and Jonathan. The format was two C1 tips with 9 participants, five A2 tips with 10 participants and one C1 tip with 9 participants. Karin and Greg called the first C1 tip and Dave Eno and Dave Hutchinson called the other two C1 tips. Karin and Greg called the first and fourth A2 tip, Jonathan called the second tip, the two Daves called the third tip and all of the callers called the fifth tip. In between the A2 tips we did trivia. I had a fun evening dancing with friends.

Square dancing is fun

Larry read while I danced and played games.

Before the first dance I did some housework. I dusted the house, cleaned the bathrooms, vacuumed the house and washed the kitchen floor. 

Doing housework

During Di and Terry's dance we received an e-mail that said we had a package waiting for us at the UPS Store. When I finished dancing we went to town. We picked up the package and our mail. Then we went to Walmart to pick up a few things.

The package was from Larry's mom (Shirley), it was birthday gifts and snacks (Lake Travis Mud and peanut butter Krispies). We snacked on the treats during the evening. They were delicious.

Lake Travis Mud

Peanut butter Krispies

When we got home from the UPS Store I played the weekly challenge in pinball (Theatre of Magic). I did a little crafting.

After the last dance we watched an episode of The Librarians. Then I started the 26th season of Silent Witness. I watched two episodes of it. Afterwards I watched a couple of episodes of The X-Files. I ended up doing 18,000 steps, which put me in 7th place in my group.



 

No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to hear friendly comments on anything at all. Ruth