Pictures From Jan-Jul 2023 - It's All About Having Fun!!

Saturday, August 5, 2023

Friday 8-4-23 Dancing with Loren Smith & Games

 

Doing the happy dance

We had a great day just having fun.

I started the day out by making a Belgium waffle. We have a Belgium waffle maker that makes a perfect waffle everytime. Larry and I shared one this morning.

After breakfast I did some Sudoku puzzles. Larry continued playing with the new tablet.

At 9:30 we went to town to do some errands. First stop was the UPS Store to get our mail. Next stop was Walmart to recycle the Minnie's old oil and oil filter. Next up was Best Buy to recycle some electronics. While there we walked around the store to see what was new, we hadn't done this in a long time. 

On the way home we stopped by What-a-Burger for lunch. We had a coupon for a free Southern Bacon Double Burger with the purchase of a medium fries and medium drink. We shared the order, the burger was huge. It was very good but the burger alone was 1800 calories, sure glad we shared it.

I did the Daily Challenges of Solitaire and Mahjong. The event today was Event: Free Cell Adventure of 20 games. It took me 2 hours, 38 minutes and 7 seconds, which put me in 10th place in my group. Then I moved onto playing Angry Birds.

I played a little pinball. I played The Simpsons Pinball Party, Star Wars and The Matrix.

The Matrix

 

The Simpsons Pinball Party

Star Wars

Larry received parts to assemble a knob to adjust the volume up and down on the arcade and pinball cabinet. Currently to adjust the volume you have to remember which buttons to use, the same buttons are also used to play games and it can be confusing.  Larry installed the volume knob while I danced. He had to build the assembly by soldering some wires and connectors, then he had to take part of the machine apart, drill a hole in the cabinet, install and wire everything in, finally install the knob. It works great.

In the evening I attended Ett McAtee's Weekly A2 dance at 6:30 for an hour and fifteen minutes. Ett was out of town so Loren Smith covered for her. I hadn't seen him since before we went on our spring trip. He took the summer off to do things with his wife Barbara. Today was their 39th Anniversary so after the dance they went to dinner. Loren called four A2 tips to 12 participants and one C1 tip to 11 participants. This week everyone dancing were single so I didn't pin anyone. Loren did an excellent job of calling and helping when needed. I had a lot of fun dancing with friends.

Having fun dancing with friends

In between the tips we visited with each other. Dawn was talking and said she caught her husband Murry playing Solitaire games on the computer. She asked him to organize a cabinet to give him something to do. I said I played a lot of games such as Solitaire and Sudoku. Loren loves playing Sudoku so he put a couple of files of Sudoku games in the Chat. They're more challenging because the games over-lap each other. He shared one of the files on screen and it looks like they will be a lot of fun. Larry saved the files to our documents so I can play them A few other dancers said they liked playing Sudoku also. We thanked him for the files.  

After the dance we watched an episode of Poirot, which was the second episode of the files season of Poirot (13th season). Then I watched The Matrix from our movies collection. Then I watched a couple of episodes of The X-Files. I ended up doing 18,000 steps, which put me in 3rd place in my group.

  

No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to hear friendly comments on anything at all. Ruth