Pictures From Jan-Jul 2023 - It's All About Having Fun!!

Saturday, August 26, 2023

Friday 6/25/23 Still in Texas

Hot Day

Today in Dumas TX the high was 97 degrees. We are thankful for the air conditioner in the Minnie, it keeps us very comfortable.

The high in Dumas today

At home in Belton it is suppose to continue being above 100 degrees for the foreseeable future but for Larry and I things are about to be cooler. During the month of June we had 14 days of temperatures at 100+,  July had 29 days of 100+ and so far August has had 24 days of 100+.   

Sunrise in Hamlin Texas

It seems that most towns of a decent size in Texas have a donut store and even though Hamlin is quite small they also have a donut store, this made breakfast an easy choice. Outside of Texas donut places can be difficult to find.

Larry drove 280 miles from Hamlin to Dumas, TX. We were on the road by 7:00 and stopped at 1:00. Todays drive was on two and four lane highways. We drove through quite a few small and large towns passing by ranches and farms. I slept most of the way. Occasionally, Larry would wake me to see something. While driving through Childress we saw a crop duster flying overhead and over the crops. It was amazing to watch the pilot and how steeply he would bank the plane as he made his turns. Further down the highway right outside of Claude we saw a lot of turbine windmills in various stages of assembly. Some of them had their tower and rotor up and other pieces were on the ground getting ready for assembly. I have seen them many times and I'm still amazed at the size of the blades. Along the way we stopped to fill the Minnie with gas and to have lunch.   

Crop duster

 
 Setting the towers and rotors

Windmills getting assembled

 

One of the windmill blades

In the afternoon I did my Daily Challenges of Solitaire and Mahjong. The event today was Event: Pyramid Mini of 5 games. It took me 15 minutes and 4 seconds, which put me in 12th place in my group. Then I started another Sudoku puzzle from Loren, it was Super Sudoku. It had numbers and letters.

Super Sudoku

Larry started another book and finished it.

After dinner I walked around the park for an hour and 45 minutes to get my steps. I ended up doing 17,000 steps, which put me in 5th place in my group.

 As I walked around I talked to a few people. There was a lot of kids and parents playing on the swings and merry-go-round. Other people we sitting around the table and visiting. It nice to see people enjoying the city park. 

Texhoma City Park in Dumas




   

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to hear friendly comments on anything at all. Ruth