Pictures From Jan-Jul 2023 - It's All About Having Fun!!

Thursday, January 20, 2022

Wednesday 1-19 More Hiking (A & B Loop)


 

Camping at Tyler State Park

It didn't cool off much last night. We woke to 64 degrees and overcast skies. 

After breakfast we went on a 7 mile hike. We hiked the A & B loops. We picked up the B loop not far from the dump station. The trail took us through the forest in the section where they had the controlled burn. We weaved around the forest climbing over or around a couple of trees that fell during the burn. When we got to the Dogwood Ridge Camping Area we picked up the A loop which was green since they had not burned this area. Eventually we looped back to this area. When we were deciding our return hike we saw three park workers getting ready to clear the fallen trees off the trail with a chainsaw. As we were hiking back we caught up with them. They stopped cutting the down tree and helped us get around it. We only saw three other people during our hike, a runner, a guy hiking with his small dog and a lady and her two dogs jogging. We had a wonderful hike.

Hiking trail

 

Forest we hiked in

 

Trail markers for the A & B Loops
 

After lunch I played my games. I did the Event: World Tour Mini of 10 games. It took me 1 hour, 4 minutes and 32 seconds to complete, which put me in 19th place in my group. Then I did the Solitaire and Mahjong Daily Challenges.

When I finished playing my games I walked around the lake, which took me 45 minutes. When I started the lake trail it was sprinkling but not hard. I was going to do another lap but it started to sprinkle harder. While hiking the trail I saw a fisherman on the lake. He was the same fisherman we have seen the last three days. I think he must come everyday to fish. I also saw another guy fishing off the bank and we said hi. While crossing over the bridge I saw a turtle on a log. Then I met two women walking their children on the trail. We said our hellos and I told them about the turtle. They had already seen four on a log and when the turtles heard them they rolled into the lake. Everyday when I have walked by the beach area there are people, today there was a lady and her two children. In the day area. I said hi to a couple enjoying the day walking around. I walked by the store and I was glad it wasn't raining because it was closed on Tuesdays and Wednesdays. I had a very nice walk.

Squirrel on our picnic table

 

Tyler Lake 

 

A turtle enjoying the lake

 

A shaded area at the day area

We had a rain storm come through at 3:15. The temperature dropped from 72 degrees to 51 degrees. The rain didn't last long, maybe about a half hour. After the rain stopped I walked around the camping area for 45 minutes to get my steps in. I ended up doing 28,000 steps, which put me in 4th place in my group.

We spent the evening inside reading. A couple of days ago I started reading The Gondola Maker by Laura Morelli and finished it tonight. It was a very good book. I baked some Reese's Peanut Butter cookies. We had an awesome day. 

 

Reese's Peanut Butter Cookies


      

No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to hear friendly comments on anything at all. Ruth