Pictures From Jan-Jul 2023 - It's All About Having Fun!!

Sunday, January 16, 2022

Saturday 1-15 Really Cold

Brr it's cold

The weather application that Larry follows was right about today's forecast. We woke up to 34 degrees with a strong wind out of the north. This was the high for today. By 5:00 it dropped to 30 degrees but felt like 19. Winds were 20-30mph with gust to 40+.

We stayed inside to keep warm. The electric heater ran most of the day and Larry kept wrapped up in blanket. I kept a sweat shirt and jacket on. Larry finished a book and started and finished another one. I started a book yesterday called When A Man's A Man, written by Harold Bell Wright. I finished it today. He could really write. I really liked it. Larry had read one of his books called The Shepard Of The Hills when he was young. He and I both re read it awhile back and liked it. They both weren't too long and were easy to follow.

After I finished the book I decided to go for a walk. I ended up walking about an hour for about 3 miles. I started by walking to the Lake Loop Trail. I walked the main road to get there. It was cold but I had bundled up with my winter jacket on top of a sweat shirt and a jacket with a hood. The wind was strong and went right through my jeans. I had the hood of the jacket up but my face was in the open so my nose was cold. The Lake Loop Trail goes along the lake and through trees. I thought the trees would protect me, I was wrong. By the time I was half way around the lake I started to warm up a little bit. When I got to the dam I cross the street and hiked the Gnarly Root Trail. I hiked the whole thing. I was surprised I didn't get lost. I was protected from the wind hiking through the trees on this trail so it was a little warmer. I wouldn't recommend hiking in this cold weather because it wasn't a lot of fun.

By the time I got back I was cold. I spent the rest of the day inside. While keeping warm I played my Event: Two Game Tango of 20 games (10 Spider and 10 Pyramid). It took me 2 hours, 26 minutes and 56 seconds to complete, which put me in 15th place in my group. 

After playing the event I decided to go outside and do some steps. I wasn't outside long because it was too cold and it wasn't worth freezing to get my steps in. I ended up only doing 7,000 steps, which put me in 6th place with 147,600 for the week so far. Tomorrow I'll have to do 28,000 to get my weekly challenge goal of 175,000 steps. 

After stepping I made hot chocolate. I also made break n bake Reese's Peanut Butter Cookies for dessert. Then I did the Solitaire and Mahjong Daily Challenges. Tomorrow it's suppose to be warmer. LIFE IS GOOD!!!        

No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to hear friendly comments on anything at all. Ruth